• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Either Windows or Chrome is blocking the management console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Karstedt

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new.

I've installed 3CX on to a Google hosted virtual machine. The installation completed and my login information, password, etc were all emailed to me. I can access the management console website when I use the Chrome browser on my smartphone, but I can not get to it from the Chrome Browser on my Windows 10 computer.

Whether I use the link, or navigate directly to the IP address of my management console, chrome always shows:

This site can’t be reached
companyname.wa.3cx.us refused to connect.

Try:
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The browser on my phone has no problem getting there, even when on the same LAN as my computer, so my problem must be either with Windows or the Chrome browser installation on my windows machine.

I tried disabling all Windows Defender and Windows Firewalls and still got the same result.

What do you think needs to be unblocked?

--Don

Last edited:
Have you tried a different browser, I'm thinking...something that comes with Windows perhaps?
Does DNS resolve correctly from the PC?

Have you tried a different browser, I'm thinking...something that comes with Windows perhaps?
Does DNS resolve correctly from the PC?

Good idea... Results: Internet Explorer results in same problem on that desktop machine.

I then tried a different machine, connected wirelessly to the same LAN -- no problem!

So at least I'm not stranded, but I would really like to manage things from that ethernet-connected desktop machine. All other DNS requests resolve without problems. There must be something in the Windows network setup that is blocking the connection at a lower level than the browser on that machine. Shouldn't disabling Windows Defender clear that up? What else could be stopping me?

--Don

What if, in the browser, you substitute the actual IP address that the FQDN should resolve to?
Or... try running a tracert on the problem machine. Does that work?

Try using Google DNS (8.8.8.8) as the primary DNS on the PC as tests and see if that works. That should help you narrow down the issue. Flush the DNS after you change it .

Might be worth checking the blacklist just in case.

Make sure there are no dodgy toolbars or add-ons installed.

Check the proxy server settings.

Make sure there is nothing weird listed in your hosts file.

Make sure that a ping / tracert of your fqdn resolve to the correct IP address.

Make sure that nslookup is able to do a correct dns lookup of your fqdn.

If you are using an old version of Windows make sure it is up-to-date or you can have https certification problems.

Check you don't have other security software installed.

Scan for malware (with something better than Windows Defender!).

Try and telnet your server from the affected machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.