• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Linux client

Status
Not open for further replies.

logtom

Reaction score
I create this thread as requested by user ilias_3CX in this thread
https://www.3cx.de/forum/threads/linux-client.57310/

There currently is no offical linux client, please provide one. We currently need to install the windows client via wine. I recommend you provide your client as an appimage (https://appimage.org/), that way you don't need to provide installers for the various linux flavours.

Last edited:
Why not webclient?

From what I googled the webclient doesn't work as standalone. You always need the windows client to do calls. Am I mistaken?

You can now use only webclient. You must activate webrtc on webclient under settings -> pbx. Using webrtc on webclient you don't need client anymore.

Try Settings -> General.

upload_2018-12-19_13-9-18.png

Enable what is marked.

Is it possible that this setting is hidden for me? I only have the following options:
General Options
Language
Use this device for calls
User Information
First Name
Last Name
Mobile
Picture
Chat Settings
Notifications
Block Users
Other Options
Replace + with
Select a Theme

I am talking abou 3CX management console, this feature must be active there. After you need to change audio settings in webclient.

OK, I will ask my supervisor if he can turn this on. I have no access to this management console.

Ok. Is important to verify this things before posting new ideas, mainly if you are not the 3CX admin.

My supervisor just told me that this feature isn't available in our paid version - only in BETA.
When will this feature be available for us?

What is your 3CX version?

Is there an easy way for me to find this out without disturbing my supervisor again?

No. I suggest to consult 3CX docs. If you have a V15 3CX this feature is available.

I show the same "Enable WebRTC softphone in Web Client (Beta)" and we are on the pro version 15.5.0

Looks like you need to update to the latest 3CX SP6, V16 is now available in Alpha stages, would NOT recommend installing on a production PBX.

Looks like you need to update to the latest 3CX SP6, V16 is now available in Alpha stages, would NOT recommend installing on a production PBX.
And that is why it has not been done! YET

This thread can be closed.
We managed to enable this feature and I made a successfull test call without the 3CXClient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
artioslab
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.