• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dial Out Conference Triggered by Speed Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Harrison

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a client that in an emergency situation would like to quickly press a BLF or dial a code which would then create a conference call that would call a certain number or pre-determined numbers, both internal and external.

I know that within the 'Conference' settings you can allow "Call participants when the audio conference starts" . Theoretically this means that the staff member could create a conference, add the numbers/extensions of the other staff, however, in an emergency situation this is not ideal.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this to work?

Thanks in advanced!

Alex

While there may be an add-on, from a third party, available, the issue i foresee is that automatically setting up a conference with a number of members assumes that they are all "available". If you add one at a time, manually, you can deal with reaching voicemail, line engaged, line forwarded..etc. Automating that process would bridge together whatever destination was reached, then you have to have a way of selectively dropping legs that you don't want.

Just playing devils advocate...

Thanks Leejor,

I thought that would be the case - I was hoping to maybe create internal extensions set to just end call rather than go to a voicemail.

Thank you for your reply!

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCTECHZONE
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.