• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved How to STOP listening in on a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmine

Reaction score
We use the 3CX Softphone and I'm set up as a Manager, so I'm able to right click on a call in the softphone and listen in. The problem is that I don't know how to stop listening to the call. When I right click again, it just gives me all the same options. How do I stop listening in on a call?

Hang up?

Reactions: Marari
Because I'm not actually on the call and I'm just listening in, that doesn't work. Now, if my sales rep hangs up the call, it will disconnect the Listening in, but I'm looking for an option that doesn't involve hanging up the call.

Hi Jasmine,

What cobaltit was referring to was the fact you can 'hang up' your softphone to end the 'listen in'.

When using the 'Listen' or 'Barge' features, your 3CX Softphone will connect to the call with it's own special dial code. So to end the call participation you simply hang up your softphone by clicking on 'End Call'. This will not end the call, just simply end your participation in the call.

Since you are listening in to a call, your softphone should appear like it is engaged in a call. Hanging up from your side will only terminate the "listen" part of the call.

Okay, I see now. Because I was starting the action of Listening in from the Q-Manager, I assumed that I would end it from there. But I had to go to the actual Softphone to see the End button. Thank you!

Glad we could assist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imperial Treasure
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.