• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recording for Video Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdummy

Reaction score
Hello,

When we make a video call using the webclient, the recording is send to the registered email as a link.

When we elevate a call to video call from the windows Client, we are not being send the link to download the video call.

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to get the recording of such calls?

Thank you.

Hello @techdummy

Please note that webmeeting has the ability to record video calls and send you the link to the video once the webmeeting has ended. Direct video calls however do not use the webmeeting platform so they cannot be recorded.

Reactions: techdummy
@YiannisH_3CX thank you for the reply.

The option should have been there though. Now, we can only get the audio of the calls and not the video, which is a pain. Is there any workaround to achieve this?

Yes, do web meetings instead of direct video calls.

I know web meetings can be recorded, it is just that my managers aren't comfortable with the recordings being with 3cx. If 3CX hadn't informed that the calls will be stored and later deleted, I think they wouldn't have had any issue with webmeetings. Now that they know it they aren't really fond of it. It doesn't make much sense, but thats how it is here. Lol

Currently the only thing i can suggest is to post this as a feature request in the ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quantinium
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.