• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco 8851. Extended functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cow

Free User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
My company is planing to deploy the 3cx pbx soon.
But unfortunately we have some Cisco 8851 phones. This models are not included in supported phones list (available here - https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/).
Anyway as I understand we can connect phones to pbx and use it for calling.
But what about extended functionality of this phones? Like phone book, conference, blf?
Is it possible to make 3cx pbx and cisco 8851 friends? :)

Thanks

Manual configuration would probably work, but this would be time consuming and you would have very limited features. How many phones are we talking about here ?

I think you would be best saving yourself some time and headaches by simply getting yourself the cheapest "supported" handset available - maybe a Yealink T19 P (E2) or Grandstream GXP 1610's which are very well priced.

Reactions: cow
Most of phones we have are supported yealink.
So it's not a problem.
But we have 4 cisco 8851 phones and it will be too sad for users to live without advanced functionality :).
The problem is to get this features on cisco phones with 3cx.

If you want the extra functions within 3CX, the only solution is to purchase 3cx supported phones.

Reactions: cow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.