• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Croall

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

I currently have a client who has a basic setup of 3cx, call comes in to a "ring all" group.
The issue they are experincing is, when the first call comes in, all phones ring.
The call then gets picked up, if another call comes in while that first call is still active there is about a 20 second delay before the other phones ring, however on the phone of that first call you are able to hear the beeping as if there is a incoming call.
Is there a way to have all phones ring that are not busy?

Hope you guys can help

You should be able to see what is causing the 20 second delay in the 3CX Activity Log. I suspect that, for some reason, the second call is attempting to ring the one extension before timing out and moving on to the ring group. Normally it should work as desired.

As above check the activity log to see the call flow, I would agree it is ringing an extension before moving on to the ring group

Might be worth checking your polling strategy as well.

Hello @Allan Croall

Did you perform any changes under the Custom Parameters of the PBX? Also is the call going directly to the ring group of does go through a dummy extension etc?
Normally with Ring Groups the extensions that are not busy will ring and the extension that is busy will not ring.

Thanks for all your help, the second call does show as going to the call group.
It is not setup to go through a dummy extension, its setup to just go straight to the group, there is then a second ring group that it goes to if it fails. It looks like the others phones start ringing once it goes to that second ring group. Under call log i can see "General Ring Not answered" Then Second ring as been answered which must be when the other Phones start to ring

I have used this setup before on another system and it just worked, not sure what i have done differently this time.

Thank you!

Does this happen with all extensions of the group or is the same extension answering the calls? Also under the extension settings do you have the option "Accept multiple calls" enabled? if so can you disable it and try again?

I just gave that a go, its still doing the same. I can hear the beap on the phone even with accept multiple calls option off? very strange!

Have you tried deleting the first ring group and recreating it to see if that makes a difference?

i did try that, i also created a queue and tried to use that and had the same result. This clients 3cx was already setup before we took over support,

I would recommend creating a ticket with our support department so they can look into the configuration of the PBX and determine the cause of the issue.

Thank you,

Last thing i am seeing a lot of these errors in the logs 01/21/2019 8:46:13 AM - [CM503003]: Call(C:1): Call to <sip:xx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> has failed; Cause: 487 Request Cancelled/INVITE from xxx.xxx.x.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murad88
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.