• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Hosted Server AWS / SBC Deploy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Sobrinho

Free User
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We have a PBX installed and configured in AWS, nowadays we are using softphones (mobile and laptops) for sales team. We are buying phones grandstreams for the office. I would like to know if SBC would be a good solution to be deployed to the desktop to facilitate the work of the firewall team, and facilitate the provisioning of the phones. If answer was yes! I would appreciate to know what version of SBC can I use to install in the office if debian version or Windows Version?

In the aws the 3cx PBX is debian version. but I do not know if will have problem if installed SBC in the office with windows version application

Best regards
Daniel Sobrinho

To confirm, the SBC must always be deployed in the same location as the phones/users.

For the clients alone (without Grandstream handsets) the SBC does not need to be used - the clients have 3CX tunnel built in.

Personally I would always deploy the SBC on a stand alone device with resources dedicated to the SBC itself. Your choices for hardware are:

Raspberry Pi - 20 endpoints.
Windows (virtualized or hardware) - 50 endpoints.
Linux (virtualized or hardware) - 50 endpoints.

You will need to configure your firewall for port 5090 (3CX tunnel) and 5001 (HTTPS for provisioning). On the AWS side security groups will be required also:https://cloudacademy.com/blog/aws-security-groups-instance-level-security/

Reactions: Daniel Sobrinho
Another option, is to setup a site to site vpn then you can provision the phones as being local.

How many phones are you planning to install in the office ?

Reactions: Daniel Sobrinho
Hi,

Maybe 100 IP Phones in the HQ office. Then, for more that 50 device what would you recommended?

Tkx
Daniel Sobrinho

VPN probably, you can double up on SBC's (it is supported) although I don't like the idea of it personally (for networking reasons). VPN or move on premise are the solid options in my opinion.

VPN probably, you can double up on SBC's (it is supported) although I don't like the idea of it personally (for networking reasons). VPN or move on premise are the solid options in my opinion.

I have no idea if is supported solution or if there are SBC that support more than 50 devices. I would like to know if I had branch office with more than 300 ip phones. Maybe install a 3cx pbx on primise in each office and interconect via bridge with VPN site to site.

Best regards,
Daniel Sobrinho

At others have said a VPN for large sites is a great option, although 3CX has mentioned they are working on new SBC code that will handle around 100 extensions. Multiple SBCs does work, but in my opinion is typically not worth saving the cost of a VPN.

A local PBX at your really large site(s) and bridge is also an option.

All options mentioned above are viable and supported however the final decision has to depend on your needs and current configuration. For large installations you also need to consider the cost of hosting as you will need a larger instance to support the number of extensions. In that case you could consider a local installation if you have the resources.

3CX has mentioned they are working on new SBC code that will handle around 100 extensions

Interesting - where did you see/hear about this ?

Hi Guys,

I have installed the SBC in local office windows server. But the firewall team did not apply the configuration yet.

Does anybody know if this error will stop when firewall team applie the configuration?
KPr3NrxR4Z71rBPAR6lIEZS0DlVzqsUUyVHgqMidfZJjgCOrrlM-8NdSD9VFZJoWIOqAJYDacnjs6shddQPQN5yC5gY52UJIQ0Ivkq77XHjCuGrCBaq11qdH_Yh2jCUY

In the logs of the 3cxsbc I can see error:

ERR | 20190118-150852.039 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 3840 | TunnelTcp.cpp:268 | Bridge [3CXSBC15.5.7503] failure 'Unknown error' on TCP connection: exception while connecting
ERR | 20190118-150923.290 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 3840 | TunnelTcp.cpp:643 | Socket error (10061): exception while connecting at exception while connecting (TunnelTcp::process)
ERR | 20190118-150923.290 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 3840 | TunnelTcp.cpp:268 | Bridge [3CXSBC15.5.7503] failure 'Unknown error' on TCP connection: exception while connecting
ERR | 20190118-150953.541 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 3840 | TunnelTcp.cpp:643 | Socket error (10061): exception while connecting at exception while connecting (TunnelTcp::process)
ERR | 20190118-150953.541 | 3CXTunnel | TUNL | 3840 | TunnelTcp.cpp:268 | Bridge [3CXSBC15.5.7503] failure 'Unknown error' on TCP connection: exception while connecting

Is there anything else to do in the side of the ip phones?

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I have share basic topology the step to configure SBC.
Could you please check and give a feedback to re-edit if is necessary.

Tkx
Daniel

Attachments

• 3cx HQ.png
    3cx HQ.png
    172 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.