• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

License downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikoen

Reaction score
Hi,

We are currently on the Standard Annual 4 call license, which will expire in 14 days.
I'm still wondering if I actually need the standard license, does it actually bring any benefit to the free license?

So I'm still figuring out if I need the standard or free license, or that I should take the jump to a pro license for some additional features. However, my contact at the 3CX partner isn't replying all that fast and the deadline is closing in. (And since we had an outage recently I'm also wondering if I should go to a cloud-based solution, be it self-hosted or partner-hosted.)

Since there are still some question marks, I decided to register a free license and try to install the license on the PBX. This way I can at least look into this option and push the deadline a bit.
However, I get the following error:
This key is a free key and cannot be used to replace your current license key. Only commercial license keys can be used to replace existing keys.​
Looks like I would have to re-install to insert a free key...
So what will happen when the license expires? Will it revert to the free version (actually performing the downgrade I'm trying to do now) or will it just stop working all together?

We are on version 15.5, using the Debian install.

Hello @Kikoen

Your annual standard licence will revert to free with 4SC once it expires so you do not need to do anything if that is the required licence.
You could also upgrade to PRO if you need the additional features the PRO licence offers. It all depends on your needs. The same applies for your decision to move the PBX to the cloud. If there is an outage your phones will still be down but since the PBX will continue to run then you could redirect the calls somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxFrank
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.