• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

multiple instances of 3cx PBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
I have to install a second PBX on a site, since a second MOH is needed. Just to make sure my information is correct:
The glorious days of more the one instance of the PBX on one host are gone since the appearance of v15, I have to create one VM per PBX. Also, I need another external IP per PBX.
is that correct?
Or at least: If I connect those two pbx together, could I use the trunks of the first instance for making and receiving calls so that I dont need another external IP Address? How about connecting external Phones, android or Hardware phones with STUN?

To make your life easy, you need one 3CX server per installation and one IP per 3CX installation.

Note : if you use queues you can select your MOH

Hello @nobody

As mentioned you need one public IP per 3CX installation. Why do you need a second MOH exactly? Someone may have a workaround if you explain what is the desired functionality.

I tried to correct my typos, but there is no edit button (only report, quote, reply). I would expect, a post is editable until a reply is made?

Personally i cannot think of a different way to implement this. If you need a second PBX then i would recommend going with a cloud solution for the small company and bridge them.

I tried to correct my typos, but there is no edit button (only report, quote, reply). I would expect, a post is editable until a reply is made?
I believe you can edit your post for a certain time period after the post was made. See if you can edit a reply after you posted it and let me know.

Thank you Yiannish,
Regarding autoprovisioning if I have two phone systems in one subnet. Is there anything I have to think of or take additional care for?

PS: edit seems indeed dependent on a timer. I can logout and login, the edit button will be there - but as I noted yesterday, it is not present after a time of XX, even if there is no reply.

Regarding autoprovisioning if I have two phone systems in one subnet. Is there anything I have to think of or take additional care for?
Once a phone gets provisioned to a PBX it should only contact that PBX.
PS: edit seems indeed dependent on a timer. I can logout and login, the edit button will be there - but as I noted yesterday, it is not present after a time of XX, even if there is no reply.
Thank you for confirming. This is the intended behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.