• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Call Queues don't show CallerID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Farr

Forum User
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
I am running the latest v15. When a call comes to a phone from a call queue it shows the name of the queue instead of the caller ID of the caller. is there a way to change that to the caller ID instead? I noticed another 2016 thread about this in v14 but their answer shows an option I don't find in v15.

Within 3CX Management Console, click on Contacts (left hand panel) , options tab - 'Add Group, Queue or DID/DDI Names to Caller ID' change to your requirements

thank you!!!

Could it be that your queue name is pushing aside the caller ID so that it no longer fits in the display? I was under the impression that caller Id, and queue names were not mutually exclusive.

Could it be that your queue name is pushing aside the caller ID so that it no longer fits in the display? I was under the impression that caller Id, and queue names were not mutually exclusive.
They are not. Queue name is added to the caller ID, however if the Queue name is long enough and prepended to the caller id, the caller id may be pushed of the screen.

I believe that IannisH_3CX is correct. it is adding the call queue name to the beginning of the callerID and pushing the actual callerID off the screen. we are going to try Saqqarra's suggestion.

If that is the case you can chose to not have the Queue name prepend by navigating to Contacts / Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.