• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Engage with your Website Visitors with Chat, Talk & Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constantinos Constantinou

Support Team
Staff member
Reaction score
“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Live Chat the 3CX Way​

Imagine opening a window to your web site\'s visitors so that they can simply talk to you. The new “3CX Live Chat and Talk” plugin for WordPress transforms your imaginati...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jed and KyriakosP
Very good idea ! It remains to be seen how will you manage the availability times.
An agent in meetings may want to receive chat from a colleague (internal) but not from outside.
Maybe provide a separate status for Public Chat?

Interesting!
is there any plans to develop the joomla plugin?

Thanks

Interesting!
is there any plans to develop the joomla plugin?

Thanks

Thank you ags.

All ideas are welcomed !!

Please proceed and submit your suggestion as part of our Ideas section, in order to be part of a community voting process.

Very good idea ! It remains to be seen how will you manage the availability times.
An agent in meetings may want to receive chat from a colleague (internal) but not from outside.
Maybe provide a separate status for Public Chat?

Thank you @bravad for your nice words.

A suggested approach to handle the agent/queue availability might be to provide the option for configuring the availability time slots for website visitors support. Those time slots will be defined to the Click2Talk tab of extension/queue on Management Console.

What do you think @bravad about this approach ?

Reactions: jed
Great new function, would it be available for Wix?

I have played with this in my test instance of V16. This seems to be handled by call Que's. So if the agent is not signed in it would show no agents available.

This might have been answered but I missed it.

Does a click2talk call count against your SC license or your webmeeting license?

Chuck

Can it be white labeled? i.e. does it say 3cx all over?
Can you limit which groups it talks to?
How do we know which "site" the calls are coming from?

Thanks leon

Thank you @bravad for your nice words.

A suggested approach to handle the agent/queue availability might be to provide the option for configuring the availability time slots for website visitors support. Those time slots will be defined to the Click2Talk tab of extension/queue on Management Console.

What do you think @bravad about this approach ?

I am completely convinced. This approach has a lot of potential according to me! Very nice job.

Curiosity, do you intend to offer "queue administrators" the ability to connect / disconnect « chat agent » from the 3CX WebClient (Switchboard) ?
Distinctly;
Log-in / Log-Out Chat & Log-in / Log-Out Calls
And
Quantity of simultaneous Chat (configured for each agent separately).
All the interest of the Chat ; being able to answer several customers simultaneously :)

Thx

Can it be white labeled? i.e. does it say 3cx all over?
Can you limit which groups it talks to?
How do we know which "site" the calls are coming from?

Thanks leon

Hello @Leon Zetekoff.

Thank you for your feedback. Branding of chat window and some adjustments is something that we do examine internally in order to push on our next release. We will keep the forum updated with our upcoming releases.
"Can you limit which groups it talks to?"
The Click-to-Talk items created on WordPress can be assigned either on an extension or a queue (Pro license required)
"How do we know which "site" the calls are coming from?"
The configuration is one-to-one. On 3CX Management Console on Settings section you can define the WordPress site that you want to connect with Plugin functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leon Zetekoff
I am completely convinced. This approach has a lot of potential according to me! Very nice job.

Curiosity, do you intend to offer "queue administrators" the ability to connect / disconnect « chat agent » from the 3CX WebClient (Switchboard) ?
Distinctly;
Log-in / Log-Out Chat & Log-in / Log-Out Calls
And
Quantity of simultaneous Chat (configured for each agent separately).
All the interest of the Chat ; being able to answer several customers simultaneously :)

Thx
@bravad our intention is to hear the people voice and plan accordingly. At the moment we do not have a planned actionlist that involve WebClient changes in regard to WordPress Click-to-Talk functionality.

Ideas category though is the place that you can be the ambassador of your suggestions.

This might have been answered but I missed it.

Does a click2talk call count against your SC license or your webmeeting license?

Chuck

Hello @neville ,

Click-to-Talk calls count against your Simultaneous Calls count.

Lovely - great job guys :)!

However, we can change all the fields except the Name and email fields..

This result in alot of danish words and then 2 english words :(

I believe this will be changed in an upcoming update :)!

Reactions: Nick Galea
Great new function, would it be available for Wix?

Thank you @inknow

All ideas are welcomed !!

Please proceed and submit your suggestion as part of our Ideas section, in order to be part of a community voting process.

@bravad
Ideas category though is the place that you can be the ambassador of your suggestions.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/audit-log-of-changes-made.50781/

With all due respect, I published an idea on this forum and I was not even entitled to comment from a 3CX agent. An idea, however, very logical. I accumulated several votes. Other publications with fewer interactions were answer by a 3CX agent.This is not encouraging .. Post ideas, cumulate several votes .. no news from 3CX. ..We are Platinum Partners .. I understand that it is not possible to accept all the ideas but according to me, a publication with 50 votes and more should at least deserve a comment from a 3CX agent to know if this is a idea that is subject to discussion in the 3CX marketing team. Or simply a message of the type .. "Thank you for sharing your idea and we encourage you to continue .. if you reach X votes, the 3CX team will study your idea".
A long silence on the part of 3CX team is what is more discouraging.

Please accept this as a constructive comment, not as a bad comment

Sincere friendship

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/audit-log-of-changes-made.50781/

With all due respect, I published an idea on this forum and I was not even entitled to comment from a 3CX agent. An idea, however, very logical. I accumulated several votes. Other publications with fewer interactions were answer by a 3CX agent.This is not encouraging .. Post ideas, cumulate several votes .. no news from 3CX. ..We are Platinum Partners .. I understand that it is not possible to accept all the ideas but according to me, a publication with 50 votes and more should at least deserve a comment from a 3CX agent to know if this is a idea that is subject to discussion in the 3CX marketing team. Or simply a message of the type .. "Thank you for sharing your idea and we encourage you to continue .. if you reach X votes, the 3CX team will study your idea".
A long silence on the part of 3CX team is what is more discouraging.

Please accept this as a constructive comment, not as a bad comment

Sincere friendship

Thank you for your suggestion - audit log makes sense and will be considered for a future release. Sorry it took us long to respond to thread

THanks for the reply...any timeframe on this?

Leon

Thank you for your suggestion - audit log makes sense and will be considered for a future release. Sorry it took us long to respond to thread

Thank you Mr. Galea. I appreciate you taking a moment to answer me. Please accept my sincere greetings.

- Guillaume

Reactions: Nick Galea
I think to Chat, Talk & Video is a great option and I would love to use this on my website, however I do not use Wordpress. Are there plans to release a PHP script to add to non Wordpress websites?

Reactions: accentlogic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.