• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Can't Intercom with New FANVIL X3, X4, X5, X6 phone connected to 3CX server

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickrivard

Reaction score
Dialing *9xxxx does nothing... You hear a beep and then nothing...
YES the extensions are allowed to "Intercom" in 3CX, those -4- phones are replacement phones, and it was working fine with the previous phones (AASTRA)...
X3 to X4: OK
X3 to X5: FAIL
X3 t0 X6: FAIL
X4 to X3: OK
X4 to X5: FAIL
X4 t0 X6: FAIL
X5 to X3: OK
X5 to X4: OK
X5 t0 X6: FAIL
X6 to X3: OK
X6 to X4: OK
X6 t0 X5: FAIL
Nothing logical to us...

Hello @patrickrivard

So the issue is that the phones answer but there is no audio or the phones do not answer at all? Also are the phones local or remote? What version of the PBX are you running? Are all the extensions in the same group?

- Phones do not answer.
- Local
- V 15.5
X3 (Ext 1222) and X4 (Ext 1223) same Group (Groupe H)
X5 (Ext 2222) and X6 (Ext 2221) same Group (Group R), but those 2 ext. are also part of (Group H).

Thank you for all your help.

@ YiannisH_3CX
Could you please let me know if you (3CX) have had time to look into this issue yet?
Thank you

Ok, I looked a little further in this and found what was the issue…
Although it seams to be a little counterproductive…
For whatever the reason with theses FANVIL phone (maybe the same with other brands other than AASTRA) you cannot have both your 3CX Windows Client softphone and FANVIL Phone registered at the same time if you want the “Intercom” function to work on the Desk Phone, except if you set the Client to CTI mode, then you get the “Intercom” working fine, but then you can no longer use the client to get the audio through the softphone headset…

I kind of get the idea behind this, but it defeats the purpose of “Flexibility”. One should be allowed to set “where” they want an “Intercom” call to be heard or directed to without having to manually switch from one interface to the other…
Oh well… I guess you learn something new every day.
I sure hope 3CX’s software engineers look at this one for the next version coming.

Glad to see you were able to solve the issue. When you intercom an extension you are basically sending an Invite with tells the device to auto answer. With a normal call when you have 2 devices under the same extension both ring until one answers. Then the PBX sends a Cancel to the other device to stop ringing. The same applies here: The PBX sends the Invite to the extension and the call is answered on one. Since the 3CX clients tend to be a bit quicker then the call is answered there while the PBX sends a Cancel to the IP phone. This is the normal behaviour of the PBX. I would recommend posting this as a feature request to our ideas section of the forum https://www.3cx.com/community/forums/3cx-ideas/ . All posts are reviewed by their corresponding Departments and, if feasible and voted for by other users as well, may be implemented in an upcoming service pack or update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.