• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 3cx DST parameters different than the ones on Polycoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Ts

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

We are running the latest version of 3cx 15.5.15502.6.
Our Polycoms VVX 4xx / 6xx are provisioned with the latest templates (version 80502).

3cx has the following parameters:
TIME_DST_START_DAY=11
TIME_DST_END_DAY=4

The Polycom VVX template has the following parameters:

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="%%dststartday%%"
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="%%dstendday%%"

The paramaters eventually included in the MAC-cfg.cfg file that 3cx serves to the Polycom, has the following values:

tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="12" (instead of 11)
tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="5" (instead of 4)

So, why are the values 12 and 5, instead of 11 and 4?

As per this document they should match the values of the 3cx global parameters.

Regards,
George

If it makes any difference, our global Timezone is EST (GMT-5:00)

Regards,
George

Just a hunch but firstly I would confirm what the firmware you have running on those Polycoms and what the latest version is supported by 3CX. If they are out of sync it may include parameter changes which are not supported.

Additionally: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/
"Limited feature-set and support"

Not sure if this would have any baring on this however it could mean that the templates are not kept as up to date as the "preferred" models. I write custom templates for Yealinks regularly and do not experience any such problems.

Last edited:
Hi @eddv123
Yes, the firmware on the Polycoms is the latest supported by 3cx (5.6.0.17325)
Same for the template version and for the 3cx server version. Everything is up-to-date and as it should be.
Please note that this happens even if I use the default template, without any customizations.

Regards,
George

Hello @George Tsionos

As Polycom are legacy phones the DST values are applied manually from the template based on your set timezone. The template has pre-configured values for DST so the phone looks for the DST values assigned for that timezone. If you look at the Polycom VVX template you will see the following values for GMT-5:00

Code:
 <option value="-18000" id="0" zone="-5:00" displaytext="GMT-5:00 (US Eastern Time, New York)">
        <item name="dstenabled">1</item>
        <item name="dstoffsetseconds">3600</item>
        <item name="dststartmonth">3</item>
        <item name="dststartday">12</item>
        <item name="dstendmonth">11</item>
        <item name="dstendday">5</item>
      </option>

The config file will be created based on this value

Hi @YiannisH_3CX

That said, I understand that changing the global 3cx parameters will not affect the Polycoms anyhow, which get their provisioning data from the static values that you pointed in the provisioning template.
The set of those static values that the template will populate to the phones, depends on the timezone.
So, for EST, we got the values on your screenshot.
If my understanding is correct, please feel free to close this thread.

Thank you,
George

That is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.