• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

*20* Call Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadragon

Reaction score
I have a strange one.

We have call pickup set so anyone in a group can *20* another call coming into their group. I followed this doc:
https://www.3cx.com/docs/managing-call-pickup-permissions/

The groups have:
- “Can see group members”
- “Can see group calls”
- “Perform Operations (divert, transfer, pickup)”

permissions and in “Settings → PBX → General Options” I have the box checked for "Limit call pickup..."

When a call comes into my department I can *20* that call and take it, but when another department does, it says "CALL_FAILED" on the softphone.

On a successful use of *20* I see "[Flow] Target endpoint for *20* is Extn:XXX" in the activity log.

On a failed pickup I see this: "[Flow] Target endpoint for *20* is EndCall:EndCall"

Any idea why this is failing?

if this is enabled you must be in both departments (groups) in order to perform *20*

All groups have this active, with the permissions I highlighted above.

permissions and in “Settings → PBX → General Options” I have the box checked for "Limit call pickup..."
The option "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" should not be enabled for this to work. This option when enabled limits the ability of extensions to pickup calls that are directed to an extension of a different group. Please disable the option and try again

If you have adhered to and tested all the guidelines in the page you provided above - extension group membership, global pickup setting etc, and you have tried the settings outlined by the 3CX support team above then I would suggest perhaps getting a verbose log from the system and checking out the call-flow with the binary log viewer.

This can outline in great detail what is going on - it could perhaps provide a clue as to why this is happening - I use this tool regularly when troubleshooting issues:

The option "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" should not be enabled for this to work. This option when enabled limits the ability of extensions to pickup calls that are directed to an extension of a different group. Please disable the option and try again
Hi, the limit calls is exactly what we want. We don't want someone in Accounts picking up a client or Executive call. We only want calls to be picked up within their own groups. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.