• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Problem with Vodafone Service unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Makris

Reaction score
Hello

Everything works great the setting was all good, and one day we change the Internet Provider from Wind to OTE then the problems starts.

when the wifi or the gsm provider are COSMOTE or OTE Greece the 3CX app works like a charm.
but when the WIFI or the GSM provider is not COSMOTE then 6 from 10 times cant connect and service is unavailable, sometimes i use the 1.1.1.1 DNS cloudflare app and its log me in i sec.

Is there anything i can do?

thanks...

Hi Alex,

Please confirm if you have tried or have the following settings:

* In the App - 3CX Tunnel mode on/off which ? one will use the 3CX tunnel, the other will be direct SIP.

* Greece are not supported in the SIP trunking provider list: https://www.3cx.com/partners/voip-providers/ so can we assume you are setting up your trunks as generic ?

99% sure that Greece does not do any VoIP blocking however please confirm as I have never deployed VoIP there: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/voip-provider-blocked-voip-blocked-by-isp.23055/ if it were the case I am sure this would not present an intermittent issue.

* Are you using a separate ISP and ITSP - I assume so due to the switch.

* In the case of your providers are they IP based authenticated or Registration based - which ?

thanks for the quick reply

Hi Alex,

Please confirm if you have tried or have the following settings:

* In the App - 3CX Tunnel mode on/off which ? one will use the 3CX tunnel, the other will be direct SIP.

the switch is ON

* Greece are not supported in the SIP trunking provider list: https://www.3cx.com/partners/voip-providers/ so can we assume you are setting up your trunks as generic ?

Generic

99% sure that Greece does not do any VoIP blocking however please confirm as I have never deployed VoIP there: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/voip-provider-blocked-voip-blocked-by-isp.23055/ if it were the case I am sure this would not present an intermittent issue.

No Voip Blocking

* Are you using a separate ISP and ITSP - I assume so due to the switch.

i cant understand

* In the case of your providers are they IP based authenticated or Registration based - which

i believe is IP registration

?

When you changed ISP, was this the only issue? Do you use any other remote extensions (not using the 3CX App), do they have an issue? Is this happening on more than one set, more than one version, Android, iOS, Windows?

All are using IPV4?

That is the only issue.

i use the latest 3cx app in updated ios in my iphone 7.
i try it to a friend with an android phone but only the extension
Only me can receive calls out coming calls.

the problem is that it doesn't do it all the time. Now service is unavailable
but in the same wifi network from home today till now was ok..

i reset all the settings to my phone. i restart the router but nothing

i try it to a friend with an android phone but only the extension
Only me can receive calls out coming calls.

So...the Android phone didn't work?

When you changed providers, did you get new hardware from the new provider? Modem, router?

The problem with service unavailable seems to be in both devices when the ITS is not (COSMOTE for 4G or 3G ) or (OTE for wifi connection ) but it doesn't do it al the time and that is the weird thing.
When i change provider i get a new router and set it up. In the firewall test in the 3cx all are green and passed

While it is possible, that the new provider them selves, has issues (blocking ports at times?) that is causing this, it seems more likely that it is the new router. There may be a setting(s), that require changing, or it may simply be faulty. If you list the make/model, perhaps someone else using OTE with that router can provide some configuration help.

You may also consider contacting OTE, to see if they are wiling to help track down the issue.
Have you tried using Wireshark to see if there is an Invite/registration attempt, when the remote extension has a failure?

I am not sure if this is relevant but you're title mentioned Vodafone... I have had weird issues with Vodafone completely mangling traffic across it's 4G network. In my instance it only affected non encrypted traffic so I suspect the were doing some sort of inspection / shaping. You'll need to have a capture running when it fails. This was also completely random and was happening in France.

Hey Alex,

There is still one thing I didn't quite understand. Did you check that your 3CX IOS Client is connecting using the Tunnel? An easy way to check this is from the Management Console. When the App has just opened, if you see 127.0.0.1 as the IP, it is using the Tunnel:
upload_2019-1-21_13-36-53.png

If you see a public IP, it is not using the Tunnel:
upload_2019-1-21_13-37-16.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.