• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX provisioning remote ip phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to 3CX, i am trying to make voip infrastructure but one thing i cant seem to get working: remote ip phone provisioning.

i have done the following: (hardware configuration is shown in the image)
- installed 3cx on main server
- opened the following ports on router: 5001, 5060, 5090, 9000-9398 en 10600..10998
- installed 2 times 3cx, SBC on raspberry pi.
- opened router ports 5001, 5060, 5090, on remote locations.
- opend 3cx dashboard and configured the SBC remote phone.... but nothing.

I have know idea how to provision the ip phones. (ip phone i am using: grandstream GXP 2130)

Attachments

• Untitled Diagram.png
    Untitled Diagram.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 24
So you need to run the firewall test first on the PBX to make sure it passes. You don't need to do any port forwarding on the remote locations if you are using a SBC. Are the SBC's in the remote location (local to the phone)? Then follow the steps here for provisioning the phone via SBC:

https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/grandstream-gxp21-series/

i checked my firewall status, its green.
if you mean that the SBC are behind the router together with the ip phones yes.

should i use STUN or the SBC option from the dropdown?

This is a screenshot of my provisioning page (i have tried both local and public ip of the SBC)

i have also tried to provision it manualy but i hav know idea where to past the link.

Attachments

• inst.png
    inst.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 35
If you have an SBC then don't use STUN, it is more complicated and requires more port forwarding.

If the firewall checker runs OK then that's fine, however just one thing from your diagram to consider - you have a modem connected to a switch then router. I would ensure you are not double NAT'ing here and ensure that everything on the modem is off and it is in pure Bridge more.

Normally in such setups I have done in the past it would god:
Pure bridge modem >> WAN of router/firewall >> switch >> PBX and Phones.

Back to 3CX - if you plug in a remote phone does it appear in the "phones" list ? If not I would take a bet that the tunnel is not connecting - alternately check the 3CX tunnel logging in a verbose activity log - what does this say: https://www.3cx.com/docs/collecting-logs-for-3cx-support/

The modem in the office building is a Viber optic modem. You need a router to use the internet, and it has no config options. the phone appears in the phone list and i add it to an exstention except. i do not get green dot and the phone display says connection failed.

If it appears in the list and can be added to an extension then the tunnel would seem to be up. The issue would probably be in the provisioning process - have you got port 5001 port forwarded ?

I don't believe you will see this port come up in the firewall checker so this could explain your issue.

i have port 5001 forwarded on the router where my 3cx main server is located, should i port forward it also in the router where my SBC is ?

i have port 5001 forwarded on the router where my 3cx main server is located, should i port forward it also in the router where my SBC is ?

No, you only have to port forward 5001 on the firewall protecting your 3CX server

On the firewall protecting the SBC, just make sure outgoing tcp 5001 is allowed i.e. you are not blocking this port outgoing

on the phone listing page i get this 192.168.XXX.XX:5080 via SBC 192.168.XXX.XXX:5060

Has port 5080 somthing to do with this ?

That is saying that the local SIP port for your IP handset is 5080 and using SBC with a port of 5060.

Although I have not known differing ports in this scenario myself it would not in this case be the root cause of your issue I don't think - the local SIP port is for SIP signalling, your issue is with the provisioning of the IP endpoint.

i have tried now multiple things but still not working. if someone would like to teamviewer with me to find the solution :) or has an sugastion it is more than welcome.

I would suggest running the Wireshark and logging functionality on the phone (normally called PCAP in most phone brands) and then make an attempt to add a phone to an extension (and thus invoke the provisioning process). Then see what the PCAP looks like.

The only other setting I knew which would have an effect on this process (other than network) would be related to trusted SSL certificates - but it is my belief that this was specific to Yealink phones.

- opened the following ports on router: 5001, 5060, 5090, 9000-9398 en 10600..10998
Although not related to your current issue it is something worth mentioning. You need to open ports 9000-10998 not only the ports the PBX checks to avoid audio issues. The PBX needs all audio ports.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/ports/

Back to the issue at hand. You mentioned that you see the phone under the Phones tab and you assign it to an extension. Does the phone provision? Do you see the account data on the phone?
Also what firmware is the phone running?

Nop it does not provision, after assigning it to an exstention. i dont see account data on the phone.
firmware:

Software Version

Boot

Core

Base

Prog

Locale

Recovery

It is a grandstream GXP 2130, i have no idea where to find firmware

The latest 3CX version (not public from the Grandstream website) is 1.0.9.102. Looks like you are out of date. You can acquire this firmware here: https://www.3cx.com/support/phone-firmwares/

I would update the firmware manually and then re-test.

yes i found out that my firmware is outdated 1.0.5.33 but upgrading the firmware is again a pain...
from your post until now i tried to upgrade the firmware but no succes.

i hate my life hahahah

Are you trying to provision as an extension or a hot desking phone?

SIP request (REGISTER) from 31.151.XXX.XX was rejected. Reason: Block WAN requests is ON. Message: REGISTER sip:voip-w2g.3cx.nl SIP/2.0 Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 192.168.178.248:63778;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-7458502e3b220925-1

i get this as error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.