• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

New to PIAF - Outbound calls work, inbound = busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Nelson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to PIAF and have completed a new install on a VM. I have setup 1 SIP trunk for inbound/outbound calls. I am able to make outbound calls, but if I try to dial into the PBX I get a busy signal (no ringing at all just a busy signal). I am dialing the DID number I had setup (718-879-8989)

Am I supposed to dial the DID number? I am quite confused here lol!

Outbound calls work perfectly fine, and display the DID number. Just as I wanted.

I am just trying to setup a basic system here. If anyone could provide some info on how I can get inbound calling to work that would be much appreciated!

I keep seeing this in the logs:

SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 4101
Extension 101 is unregistered, removed contact: sip:[email protected]:5060;rinstance=0-90f87cda-8728-4514-a9ed-176de6a3ff21;ob;inst="ecf721bc"

The following are the results of the firewall test:

• resolving 'stun-us.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'stun2.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'stun3.3cx.com'... done
  • resolving 'sip-alg-detector.3cx.com'... done
  • testing 3CX SIP Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • stopping service... done
    • detecting SIP ALG... not detected
    • testing port 5060... Mapping does not match 5060. Mapping is 15522. (How to resolve?)
    • starting service... done
  • testing 3CX Tunneling Proxy... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing port 5090... Mapping does not match 5090. Mapping is 15207. (How to resolve?)
    • starting service... done
  • testing 3CX Media Server... failed (How to resolve?)
    • testing ports [9000..9398]... failed (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9000... Mapping does not match 9000. Mapping is 19117. (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9002... Mapping does not match 9002. Mapping is 19119. (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9004... Mapping does not match 9004. Mapping is 19121. (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9006... Mapping does not match 9006. Mapping is 19123. (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9008... Mapping does not match 9008. Mapping is 19125. (How to resolve?)
      • testing port 9010... Mapping does not match 9010. Mapping is 19127. (How to resolve?)
      and this goes on and on....

The inbound issue may be related to the errors seen in the Firewall Checker. It would appear that your router may be doing some port re-assignment.

Do you see a log for an incoming call?

It may also be that your DID rules do not exactly match the number being sent.

Is it an actual DID service you are paying for, and not just a single trunk/number?

What firewall/service is being used? Perhaps others have some experience with it.

Thanks for the reply.

I do not see a log for the incoming call.

I am using Voice Pulse Five. I purchased a DID number and a SIP trunk through them.

I am using a Sonicwall TZ100, and have setup port forwarding for all applicable ports to the PBX.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Thanks!

I resolved all the issues regarding the firewall by following the directions here:

https://www.3cx.com/docs/sonicwall-firewall-configuration/

It was port re-mapping as you had suggested!

However, when I try to call the DID number it simply gives a busy signal (does not ring at all)

What exactly do I have to do to get a basic system up and running? I can make outbound calls, but still can not receive inbound calls. I am simply taking the call and forwarding it to an extension (101).

Also, it says I'm using an unsupported SIP provider. I'm assuming that could be the problem as well?

Thanks!

Now that you have the ports ironed out, re-check the 3CX log to see if there is an Invite for an incoming call. If not, then I would check with your provider to see if there is something that still need to be provisioned at their end. I am assuming that the trunk has registered successfully, according to 3CX.

Also, it says I'm using an unsupported SIP provider. I'm assuming that could be the problem as well?

While it is possible, you're not alone in doing that.

Now that you have the ports ironed out, re-check the 3CX log to see if there is an Invite for an incoming call. If not, then I would check with your provider to see if there is something that still need to be provisioned at their end. I am assuming that the trunk has registered successfully, according to 3CX.

While it is possible, you're not alone in doing that.

Hi Leejor,

I do not see any invites for incoming calls whatsoever. I'm assuming my provider is not properly routing calls to my PBX? Is there any settings in particular that I might wanna check? I will obviously reach out to their support and see what they have to say - but are there any particular items that newbies tend to miss/mix up?

Thanks for your help - I greatly appreciate it!

- Matt

If calls are not reaching the PBX then there are not a lot you can do from the PBX side. If you are familiar with wireshark then you could run a capture and verify that the calls are not reaching the PBX. Reach out to your provider and see if they see anything on their side. Alternatively i would recommend using a supported provider to avoid any guessing work.
https://www.3cx.com/partners/sip-trunks/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.