• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

All incoming calls go to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjm_

Reaction score
I reinstalled my server on a Debian install after the windows install it was on got compromised.
Since then, any call coming into any extension sits saying "dialing" (or the equivalent of the phone) with no dial tone, then you hear the dial tone for a fraction of a second before going to voicemail. I can only call from an extension to an external number and calls to any extension from external or internal do the sitting then voicemail thing. it worked perfectly before the reinstall and settings are the same from what I can tell

Look at the 3CX Activity Log, It will show why, and where the calls route. You don't say if you use DIDs, a ring group, or ??? Do the calls even reach the PBX? The dialtone bit is puzzling, as is the "dialling" message, unless, perhaps, you use a PSTN gateway. But, check the logs.

Hello @hjm_

Try the echo test of the PBX and see if you can hear your own voice played back by dialling *777. The PBX should answer and your voice should be played back to you. If that works then try dialling *888 and hang up. The PBX should try to call you back. This will tell you if the communication between the PBX and the extension is OK.
Also did you reprovision the phones after you reinstalled the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.