• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Server IP changed, FQDN points to the OLD IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgeo007

Reaction score
Hello!

Unfortunately, I had to change my external ip. In settings i've change too, but still not changed my FQDN IP. Its disappointing that a simple IP change cannot go through within 24 hours. What is happening? I cannot use my PBX, my clients cannot connect to it, and my customers are unable to talk with us.

Please help ASAP!

Ty

Hello @Pgeo007

For the PBX to locate the new IP address you need to have it set to Dynamic. If the PBX is set to static then navigate to Settings / Network and set the IP to Dynamic. Restart the system services to apply the changes. That should trigger the IP update however the DNS propagation might take several hours to reach you.

Hello!

Ty, for the answer! Now the IP is ok, i have another problem. I write here, maybe you can tell me where to go, what to do.

I had a nasty ransomware, which made all my files encoded,. I had to install 3CX to another server, thats why i had an IP change. My bakcup files were partly also encoded, so now i had to delete all my ivr prompts (all wav, xml files), and i had to reinstall English set.

Now the Propt set is ok, but i cannot edit my extensions saying that:
"
Cannot find the file: „C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\BULGARIAN-4a4f-4160-b143-488a18be8ba8\SetInfo.xml”.
"
My System Prompt is set to standard english, still my extension is asking for the bulgarion prompt set. I downloaded the set, but still there is an error.

Can you help me, what can i do?

Thank you!

How about the prompt set under the voicemail settings of each extension? Are those switched to English?

I cannot edit, nor view my extesions setttings, i get the above error.

Is there another settings maybe?
And the bulgarian set is downloaded and presented in the correct directory. Why 3cx is unabale to find it?

I restarted all the services, now i can edit. I will post an update on progress...

Restart solved, now i have a working 3cx.

Ty for the help!

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.