• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA112 can't dial out

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
I tried to use this adapter to connect a Fax to 3CX. Incoming Calls no problem but when dialing out any digit seems to be ignored by the pbx. I fixed that by using an older model (PAP2T) which works out of the box with no problems.
I read in the forum that the SPA112 worked also out of the box for others.

I tried it as a Fax device and as a normal Extension. Registers ok, receives ok, but no outgoing calls possible. I have not used wireshark to dump the traffic since with the PAP2T it worked. The dial plan is the same for the PAP2T and the SPA112.

Anyone using this adapter for Faxing or a POTs phone and 3cx 15.5 with success? What do I have to do to make a call?

when dialing out any digit seems to be ignored by the pbx.
Registers ok, receives ok, but no outgoing calls possible.

Well, I would start by looking at the 3CX Activity Log, to see exactly what is being sent, in the Invite, to the PBX, if anything. That will give you an idea of what need changing.

Also it is worth checking your outbound rules and making sure that the call being made matches an outbound rule.

Yiannish,
I dont think this can be the cuplrit since the older cisco adapter works, using the same dialplan, it unlikeley when I dialed the number several times on the fax, that all 5 attempts were an unroutable number?

From your description i could not be sure if the 2 devices were using the same extension number or were part of the same extension group so i thought it was a place to look.

I tried to use this adapter to connect a Fax to 3CX. Incoming Calls no problem but when dialing out any digit seems to be ignored by the pbx. I fixed that by using an older model (PAP2T) which works out of the box with no problems.
I read in the forum that the SPA112 worked also out of the box for others.

I tried it as a Fax device and as a normal Extension. Registers ok, receives ok, but no outgoing calls possible. I have not used wireshark to dump the traffic since with the PAP2T it worked. The dial plan is the same for the PAP2T and the SPA112.

Anyone using this adapter for Faxing or a POTs phone and 3cx 15.5 with success? What do I have to do to make a call?

I've used a lot of SPA112's with 3CX. I haven't found a need to modify the dial plan. In fact it requires only one change after doing the "quick setup" to work (two changes for the newer 3CX higher security where the Auth ID doesn't match the Extension ID).

I suggest doing the following:
2. Configure the device from "quick setup" putting in for Line1 the pbx internal ip for "proxy", for User ID put the extension number for the fax (also have the "FAX Extension Authentication ID" match the extension number for testing, you can update both device and 3cx later), and the "FAX Extension Authentication Password" for "password and choose "submit"
3. Go to "voice" and then "line 1". Scroll down to "Audio Configuration" and set "FAX Enable T38" to "YES". Choose "Submit" again
4. Verify under "voice" and "information" that Line 1 Status shows as Registered. Test and it should work
5. To help improve security you can now change the "FAX Extension Authentication ID" to something more secure than the Fax extension # and match it up in the Cisco under "Voice", "Line 1", "Subscriber Information", set "Use Auth ID" to Yes and put it under "Auth ID". and hit Submit.

Did you ever do a compare, of the Activity Logs for a working call, from the PAP2T, and one from the SPA112? Does the 112 even show as registered in 3CX? Is it able to receive calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.