• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

system extension 888

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashrael

Forum User
Reaction score
Hi,

we installed 3cx for a customer who's old PBX failed.

On site there is a device with built in analogue device that is setup to call 888 when someone's pushes the button.
We cannot change the setup of this device.
So we connected the device to a grandstream and assigned an extension.
So far all good.
But now I need to make an extension 888 in 3cx and thats already assigned to a system extension (FAXOVEREMAILGATEWAY)

Is it possible to change this so we will be able to use 888?
I already tried to change the FAXOVEREMAILGATEWAY extension via parameters...but I'm getting the same error (this dn cannot be used)

anyone?
Thanks!

If you are seeing this as a "System extension" then I doubt you would be able to change this. However to confirm I would look at the system parameters - you can search the parameters.

Look under Settings > Parameters > search the keyword and see if there is a value.

As mentioned in the thread @Saqqara quoted the FAX extension number of the PBX cannot be changed currently.

Can the Grandstream ATA be configured to translate the number 888 to something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.