1 digit speed dial grandstream

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zman574, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman574

I am looking to set up a dial 0 option to reach the front desk of our motel. The motel front desk extension is 8300, I have tried editig outbound rules for this but all I get is temperaly unavaiable and a fast busy tone.

The equipment connecting the phones to the 3cx system are 3 grandstream 4024. I just do not really see a way to do this.

Also they are looking for a way to schedule wake up calls, does anyone know how to set this up, so we could make an extension ring a particular time?

Thanks

Jim

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. carolinainnovative

I can't speak for the dial 0 (would like to know that myself) but the wakeup calls can be accomplished with the 3cx Hotel Module.

http://www.3cx.com/hotel-PBX/hotel-phone-system.html

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you create an outbound rule "0", delete 1 digit and prepend 8300 you would still need to select a trunk to route the call out on as the outbound rules are just that, outbound. Perhaps create an outbound trunk registered to a 3CX extension, a loop out and back in? Haven't tried that one myself yet.
    Does the phone have an internal dialplan similar to the Linksys devices where you could substitute 8300 for 0?

4. zman574

That would absloulty work, to do the loop out and then back.... I will do that if i need too. I guess we are going to buy the hotel module and hopefully that option will become available when I do that.

Does anyone know if the hotel module will cause any problems with the othe businesses we have on the same 3cx server?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.