1 Second Delay on AASTRA 480i

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simo923, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo923

Hi Guys.

I have a dedicated wired network for my 3CX network. 3CX server on its own machine, no other computers on the network, only VoiP devices, an ADSL router, a dumb switch and a Bullet WiFi Access Point.

Now, all of my AASTRA 480i phones are on the physical wired network with the server, and they all have a 1 second delay when dealing with outside lines.

I also have a SNOM M3 basestation on the wired network with 3 extensions hanging off it. No lag whatsoever.

I also have a SNOM M3 basestation half a mile away running over a 54Mbps WiFi link with 5 extensions hanging off it. No lag whatsoever there.

From this i conclude that my only issue is with the AASTRA 480i phones. Does anybody have any suggestions at all?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Through the 3CX logs you should be able to determine where this delay is occurring. Is there a dialplan in the 480i that sends the digits immediately after the last one on outgoing calls?

3. thenua

Hi simo923,

I agree with leejor. That would be the most common cause. Investigating and setting up a dial-plan can be tiresome on some units. SIP phones often have a key such as "#" which will act as a "send now" - even though the dial-plan may not be completed. Worth checking out if the 480i has such a key. i.e. you would dial the phone number as normal and finish it with "#" (or similar). The "#" would cause the immediate send to 3CX rather than waiting for 1 sec per the dial-plan.

Just thought it might be an easier solution.

Cheers
    thenua

4. simo923

Hi Guys, i may be confused but the 1 second delay is not in making the call.

Its actually lag in the call. The response on the SNOMs in perfect even though they are working over a half mile WiFi link, but the locally connected AASTRAs have lag during the call, i.e the old time delay with international calls.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

In this case - please provide the 3CXMediaServer.trace.log for problematic call. It may provide some additional information.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. thenua

Hi simo923,

Wow ! One second is a lot of delay !

I am thinking there must be some difference between the AASTRAs (one second delay) and the SNOMS (working perfectly!).

An obvious point of difference to check would be the codecs being offered.

What's important is that the AASTRAs have a good codec in common with your Internet SIP Provider.

Perhaps quickly check what your SIP provider recommends and ensure one or more elligible codecs are covered in the AASTRA configuration.

If codec negotiation failed between AASTRA and SIP provider, then audio may instead be sent by the AASTRA to 3CX (1st leg) and then transcoded by 3cx and sent on to SIP provider (2nd leg). The effect of this is (1) you get the worse quality of both codecs; (2) you get extra latency due to two legs in audio path; (3) extra delay due to 3CX having to transcode in the middle.

So maybe just quickly check your codecs before losing too much sleep.

Regards
    thenua

7. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

3CXMediaServer.trace.log will help us to stop to generate the hypotheses. I guess that the PBX cannot add 1 second delay without help from third party...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.