• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved 10 second delay recording voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Covington

Reaction score
We're having a strange issue where two clients in particular are having trouble leaving voicemail messages with one another. Both clients are on 3CX 14. Whenever a call goes to voicemail from the other client in particular, the user receives the prompt to record a message and everything seems normal. However, when playing back the message, the first 8-12 seconds of the message are cut off. Both clients can receive voicemail normally from all other clients, it just seems to be these two who are on 3cx that seem to be experiencing the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello @Michael Covington

Do your clients have patton gateways by any chance to make and receive calls?

We're having what could be a similar issue to this. Except that the calls are from and to the same 3CX server. A direct extension to extension call(in our case a 3 digit dial), the caller can leave a voicemail for the recipient and the voicemail is complete. If, however, the caller happens to dial the DID (8, 10, or even 1+ the number) the voicemail message is missing the first 10 seconds of audio. We do have a patton gateway, and both our Local and LD go through the same gateway. You asked a defining question about Pattons...is there a secret setting or some kind of troubleshooting we can do in relation to a Patton and this problem? Any help is much appreciated!

Hey Tim,

Think we found the solution and it was a strange one. I kept digging and eventually found a forum thread that suggested the issue was with the way either the patton or 3cx server was interpreting the beep tone 3cx was using as a prompt for the caller to leave a voicemail. I swapped out the beep tone for a modified version and it seemed to have solved our issue. I've attached a copy of the beep tone we used.
Just replace the beep.wav file in (C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Media ) with the attached tone or any other of your choosing and you should be good.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Attachments

• beep.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 35
This is an issue where the patton devices hear the beep sound and think they are receiving DTMF tones so they go on hold for 10 seconds as it was waiting for input.. But the issue existed if the patton was on the callers side. Try replacing the beep.wav as mentioned my MIchael Covington
the only difference is that if you are on V15 the path is C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Prompts\Sets\random prompt set and replace the beep.wav
Let us know if that worked

Mike, thanks for the beep.wav that did the trick. YiannisH thanks for the confirmation.

Glad to hear the issue is resolved

Glad to hear the issue is resolved
Did you have to restart any services or gateways? I have the same issue, all my sites have Patton Gateways. I replace the beep.wav file on all 3CX PBX's. Still the same issue.

We didn't have to do anything with the Gateways, i believe there is a service you need to restart: Digital Receptionist

You should be able to hear the difference in the beep once you replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.