100 Meg vs. 1Gig phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mylove4life, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Has anyone saw a big network speed jump in going from a 100M phone to a 1G phone model. I have been offered a killer deal of 5 and want to see if they are even worth it.

Thanks

2. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

Bump, since is was last of the list from all the worthless spam...

3. efounco

efounco New Member

Unless you're piggybacking a gigabit connection off of them (i.e. a PC), I don't think you will notice much difference. I have no personal experience with gigabit VOIP phones, but I assume that they use the same VOIP compression and bandwidth a standard 100bt phone would...

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I would agree - it is all about the PC connected to the switch in the phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ian Joyce

If you are doing GIG to desktop then it is very important but if you do not need GIG to the desktop or the desktop does not support it you can save money with the 10/100 switch and phones. If you are getting a really good deal on the phones it won't hurt and if you do go GIG to desktop at a later date you will have the phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

I do not really need GIG to the desktops, but I went ahead and got them anyway, spent 300 on 7 GIG phones, not a bad deal...

7. Ian Joyce

That is a good deal!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.