11 Analog lines - Patton SN4300?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by geoff.jukes, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoff.jukes

Hi,

I need to bridge our legacy (US) telephone lines into a new 3CX implementation. We have 11 (!) POTS lines, which are then plugged into the analog PBX.

My plan is to cut out the old PBX, and plug those 11 lines into a gateway. I'm kinda new to all this, and my research has led me to uderstand that:

1) The wall-jacks are POTS lines, terminated as FXS
    2) I require an FXO gateway
    3) Patton seems to be the 'preffered' vendor.

I looked on the Patton site, and based on the quantity of lines, I would need an SN4312. However, this device isn't in the list of 3CX gateways.

So my question is:

1) Am I correct in that I need an FXO gateway (based on the above)
    2) Is the Patton SN4312 a 'good' device?
    3) Should I be put off by it not appearing in the 3CX list?

Any alternative options, greatly received :)

Many thanks,

Geoff

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

1) Yes - plug in a plain telephoe... does it have dialtone? Can you call out?

2) NO - unless you have these connections:
    •2-wire Loopstart on 50 pin (12 to 24 channels) or 64 pin (32 channels) Telco connector
    •Short haul loop 1.1 km @3REN
    •EuroPOTS (ETSI EG201188)
    •Programmable AC impedance, feeding, ring and on-hook voltage
    •Caller-ID FSK and ITU V.23/Bell 202 generation

3) yes - be put off. use supported hardware.

Call Patton. Tell them what you have. they'll give you the right product. their tech support has been outstanding for me. I do not have analog lines - so I am not 100% but check this: http://www.patton.com/products/product_detail.asp?id=51 You might need more than 1 gateway to get that many lines.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. geoff.jukes

Thanks Craig,

It looks like I might be able to narrow down the line usage to 8, so will probably have to go with 2 x SN4118 devices. I have a support ticket open with Patton, that was good advice.

Kind regards,

Geoff

*UPDATE* Actually - I'm going to try out the Grandstream GXW-4108. One device seems more logical, and the cost is much lower than 2 x SN4118. Unless people have had bad experiences with them....?

4. countrycomp

I installed two Grandstream GXW-4108 into a remote client ( in a very remote area in another country) because of the price difference and I wish we hadn't. The Patton devices are just more reliable and when you use devices on the supported list then 3CX creates the configuration file for you. It is easier with the Patton units to separate lines into groups for outgoing routes etc.
    Leagcy telephone lines are FXO (O for Central Office) while customer telephones are FXS (S for Subscribers). An FXS port generates ringer voltage to make the telephone ring while FXO ports receive ringing voltage to indicate an incoming call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.