11 second time delay when calling an internal phone?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by happy2day, Jun 26, 2007.

1. happy2day

im using 10 Linksys SPA901 phones, eveything works great apart from a 11 second time delay from dial to ringing.... i have turned all virus detection offf etc but nothing makes any diffrence...
    can anyone help?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is the total number of phones proportinal to the time delay ....... just kidding.

Is it dialing in or dialing out?

Is it happening with extension dialing or full number dialing.

3. happy2day

The time delay is only when calling an extention, it makes no diffrence if 1 phone is being used or all 10 at the same time.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never actually paid attention to it but now you mentioned.

I have an approx 8 sec delay from finish dialing the number till the time the phone starts rining.

You can configure this on the individual phone, should be in the digital map area (well that is where it should be as that is where the functionality sits). Not sure where that is on the 901.

What you have in the digital map is the time out setting, that is the time it takes for the phone to realise that the caller has finished dialing. You can enforce this with a special key like "#" but I would not recommend that as it can cause other interesting issues.

Try to change the digtial map, or even better introduce dialing map table.

For example for your extensions you can use something like:

[1-9]xx this means all extension from 100 - 999 will be dialed without delay.

If you have any problems let me know.

5. gregitx

I have the same problem
    Using Linksys SPA941 phones - only when calling extensions or tranfering calls

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GregITX see my post above.

Or drop me a line, you are in au so calling is fine aswell.

We aussies have to stick together LOL.

7. happy2day

:? ok.... i think i understand but could you help me understand this a little more :) what would i be looking for :)

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL you are looking for a manual :).

Well i did, but could not find one on the website, if you have one mail it too me (henk@3cx.com.au) and Ill tell you if you can setup a dial plan or not.

I think linksys calls it. Configurable Dial/Numbering plan support.

9. happy2day

:lol: HA HA HA HA HA, yes i was, i think i have one and i would find your assistance very helpful... can i have an e-mail address or somewhere to post the manual?

10. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Hi guys,
    I have an SPA941, the phone dial plan is pretty much configurable in every way - so much so that I find it easier & quicker to dial # (send) to complete the call as I could be dialling anywhere between 3 digits (for an extension) to 11 or more for a full IDD sequence. The phone intercepts the # so it never hits 3cx.

The default SPA941 dialling plan is something like this:(*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.) so it is perfectly possible to customise the point at which the dial sequence is assumed complete and SIP'd on its way.

The SPA900 series admin guide (which I got from http://store.voxilla.com/files/linksys/SPA900_Series_Admin_Guide.pdf)
    explains how to configure the phone dial plan to include customised inter digit timers. The default Interdigit_Long_timer value is 10 seconds and is describe as: "The <Interdigit_Long_Timer> specifies the default maximum time (in seconds) allowed between dialed digits, when no candidate digit sequence is as yet complete".

This is presumably what is causing the wait?

HTH,
    Cjay

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is correct.

But there is a difference between dial plan and digital map, let me know how you go anyway.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can change the Interdigit Timer Master Override I do not know how to get to that (as I never used the phone).

Looking at the admin guide, the ParName is Interdigit_Long_Timer and the default is 10 seconds. I suggest moving this to 3 seconds.

Now what does that do...... how this work is as follows?
    When you dial a number the phone sits there and waits for more input, if no input is provided after 10 seconds it assumes you finished entering the number. So it will convert the digits entered into the DTMF and goes from there.

There is a catch, there always is, if you have people that are