Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

12.5 upgrade, unable to get 3CX phone for windows working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by imabev, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imabev

Everything else appears to be working correctly after the upgrade. However, I am unable to get 3CX phone for windows working. I installed the new version of 3cx phone for windows, I sent my self the welcome email with the config attached. When I click the attached config it just opens in notepad. There must need to be a file association created to install this file but I dont know what it is. Which program is supposed to start to import this config? On can I just manually copy it?

2. imabev

Re: 12.5 upgrade, unable to get 3CX phone for windows workin

I checked on a coworkers computer and the simplest solutions was the best. I just needed to open the config with the "3cx phone for windows" program. Right click on the 3cxexeconfig file and click 'open with' 3cx phone for windows or browse to it (C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp) in case anyone runs in to this again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.