13. Creating an Audio Conference (Windows)

Discussion in '3CX Documentation' started by Charalambos, Jan 26, 2017.

1. charles

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Henry Hill

My question can you add directly to the conference a person or persons from outside your company I.E. not in the phone book?

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Henry Hill

when you schedule a conference you can also add external numbers and add them directly to the conference. Also while in a call you can open a second line and dial an external number.Once the call in answered you can add them to the conference call by clicking the conference button.

4. Henry Hill

Thank you Yiannis,
    Can you add someone via EMail outside the company/PBX? I have tried but do not receive the invite for an outside Email address.
    H

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Is your PBX able to send emails? if that is the case then you can add an email and schedule a conference. The recipient will get an email with the conference ID.

6. Teo22

Hi,

On the audio conference invite being sent to participants, I observed that it uses the from email configured on the 3CX console. Is there a way to change the from email from the configured email to the email address of the conference invite creator instead?
    The main point being that the initiator of the conference call will receive theresponse of the participants directly on his/her email inbox whether they will join or not.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Teo22

What type of email are you using? By using gmail the email is send from the email address configured in the email settings of the PBX but the reply to address is the email address of the extension that is creating the extension.