14. Connecting 3CX Phone Systems (Bridges)

Discussion in '3CX Documentation' started by Katerina, Jan 26, 2017.

1. katerinaK

3CX Support

2. jeffvz@gmail.com

I'm using V15 SP4 and 5. These instructions were incomplete for me. I had to add an Outbound Rule in the normal Outbound Rules tab. I created a new rule and put the same prefix number I used in the bridge creation, in the "Numbers with prefix" line. Then had to select the bridge as an Outbound route and strip the first digit. Had to do this on both ends to make it work. Else it just dies or tries to make Outbound call on the other system.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We have updated it - thanks for the heads up on this one!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Damijan A.

Hello.

We are building a branch Office and would like to connect their 3CX sistem via bridge with ours.
    We have a VPN site-to-site connection.

The instructions say:
    Step 2: Create a Bridge on the Slave Phone System
    In the remote PBX section, enter the Public IP or FQDN of the “Master” 3CX Phone System and the port (default 5060).

Can you please confirm that the private IP address will work (since it is a VPN connection and the systems can see eachother with private IP), or is it mendatory to connect via public IP (which is defined under NETWORK -> Static Public IP (IP Address does not change)).

Thanks in advance.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes if you have a vpn, then you can put the local ip. It will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Damijan A.

Thank you for the quick answer and great service.

7. NickStath

Is there a limit to the number of slave bridges you can connect to a master bridge? I have a client with 5 branch offices and 1 main office that I would like to set up with 3CX. Thanks!

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No problem - you are way way below the limit..
    There is no technical limit enforced.. The limit is a management one because you need to make a mesh of all connections.. So dont make the outbound dialing rules / plans complicated.

9. NickStath

That's perfect, depending on what the customer is comfortable with, I may go this route, or I may choose a failover option instead. The locations are geographically separated which is not an issue as I could set up the Ubiquiti phones to connect through the internet, I was just thinking that having an onsite small pbx at each location may be more beneficial from a failure standpoint, as each office would be autonomous but able to transfer calls between locations if necessary. Thoughts?

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make a rough drawing of the topology and the offices and the phones in each location.. Like this we can advise you better.. Whatever you do you will always be able to transfer / reach phones in any location. Maybe you can use SBC's.. Upcoming versions will pump up sbc functionalities making them update from Management console so you can save costs and use SBC's.

Make a drawing in your free time - put it here and we can go over it!! Better 10 min now.. will save you lots of time and money.

11. NickStath

I will work on a rough drawing next week. This week has been busy with quotes and finishing a few projects. I appreciate your assistance!