Solved 15.2.2 Bugs

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Lev, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lev

Lev New Member

Hi!

The Update to 15.2.2 kind of makes the app not working properly any more.
    We are using 6 iPhone 6 with iOS 10
    The Symtoms are the same on both Devices

- answering a call from the lockscreen is fine, but calls sometimes get disconnected after about 20-30 seconds.

- opening the 3cx app while in a call from the lockscreen makes the app crash... so phone system functions are kind of obsolete now... why even using the software then?...

- after pressing anything in the app, the app is "loading" something (see a loading icon in the status bar) for about 30-60 seconds.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Lev
    Please try the latest release, 15.2.4.122 and tell me if is working OK.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lev

Lev New Member

Hi!
    I have updated the 3CX version to 15.2.4.122.
    iOS version is also updated to 10.2.1 (14D27)

I reprovisioned the phone, also tried a full re-install.

1. I can actually not confirm, if the disconnects still happen or not, because the problem got even worse: push is not working anymore, so my co-worker is back on an android device atm.

2. I can also not confirm that, crashes still occur or not (due to the same reason)

3. The "loading bug" persists. Also it seems, that 3CX will sometimes just crash. I can imagine, that this is an related issue.
    Also i figured out, that even when the client is "active", it does not receiver calls, until the loading is done.
    I uploaded a small video of the behavior: http://www.en-trox.de/3cx/3cx_crash_loadingbug.rar
    In this sample, it actually just loaded once and i was able to click through the different tabs (presence, contacts, phone, etc.) without any delay.
    Usually it repeats the loading (about the same time) every time, i click on something.

edit: note: we have a pretty big company phone book, maybe this might be related to the issue.
    (its about 27550 entries)

#3 Lev, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. Lev

Lev New Member

I tried clearing our company phone book. Loading times have decreased to a minimum and the client seems to work "smooth" again.
    So it might actually be relatet to our big phone book.
    However, i need to fill it up again, since we need it in our daily work.
    Maybe the client should just not load the phonebook everytime a key is pressed or the app is started :-/

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

27k phone book entries? WOW!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Lev
    Well, 27000+ phonebook contacts (not counting that each contact may have several phone numbers) it IS something - my birthtown has somewhere around 18000 habitants, including newborns and grandgrandparents :)

OK:
    1 - push has not been changed, assuming all PBX settings are OK, it should work - but only be careful: if the 3CX client crashes (due to the problem you mentioned) while registered, on the PBX it will remain registered for 2 mins, until registration timeout will expire; during this interval, push will not be sent to the client.
    2 - 30 sec call disconnection I'm expecting to work - if you still have that configuration with a small phonebook, please try it.
    3 - well, it make sense; if an app becomes - for any internal processing reason - unresponsive for too long, iOS watchdog will kill it, and the app will appear like crashing.
    We'll work on the phonebook issue you reported - maybe we'll need your help, I will notify my teammates at technical support, do you have a support ticket opened there?

Thanks!
    vali

7. Lev

Lev New Member

1. What else can i say but "we did not touch anything!" :)
    So i assume (hope), that it works again with a smaller phonebook - that i'm gonna try out tomorrow.

I cannot open a ticket myself, but i am glad to help out.

8. Lev

Lev New Member

This morning the phones would still not ring (= push not working).
    Looking into 3CX servers control panel i recognized, that all the "push devices" where in the phone list all the time.
    I remember them to go away after some time. But i guess this is an intended change.

So here is, what i did now (in that order):
    - delete 3CX on the iPhone
    - turn push off for that client
    - restart all services
    - activate push for that client again ("push device" instantly shows up in phone list)
    - restart all services
    - install 3CX client on iPhone
    - send new welcome message and import file to 3CX client
    - restart iPhone

When i now start 3CX and keep it open, it is ringing and i can answer a call.
    I had a testcall going for about 2 minutes, the display turned dark (not off) during that and it was stable.
    Also i tested the approx-sensor and it would turn off the display as intended - call was still stable here.

What still does not work is push :-/
    If i turn off the display or just use the home-button in the iPhone, it would not ring anymore.
    Notifications are turned on in the control panel.

The phone or 3CX did not seem to crash during testing.

engin411 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.