Solved 15.5 Hotel Features not showing up.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lvhotel, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvhotel

*solved* Install 15.5 then back then reinstall.

I just updated to the 15.5 version from 14 (had to wait for hotel features) and the hotel features aren't showing.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm wondering if there is a remnant in the backup file that I use from all the upgrades we've done over the last couple years, in the parameters or some where that is prohibiting it from showing. Or if it is a license issue.

My license shows I am a licensed using a pro version. My maintenance shows expired at 3 am today, but I switched to the annual license when offered a free year so my license is still valid.

#1 lvhotel, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

What I have noticed is that the Hotel Feature only showing up if the PBX is running on Linux. It is not showing up if the PBX is running on Windows. NFR license or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    lvhotel likes this.
  3. lvhotel

I was wondering about that. I spun up a free cloud one and it was there.

I guess I'll have to look at switching to a linux version.

4. jed

jed New Member

We fixed it.. and is still on Windows.
    We made a backup of our installation, uninstall and make a new install using our Backup.
    Reason, some modifications made to the DB that is not set during our upgrade..

Hope this will help..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    tvdir, fmtech1 and lvhotel like this.
  5. lvhotel

Sounds like an easier process than moving to a linux box. I'll give it a try

6. 3ctech

I can confirm a backup and reinstall corrects the hotel module not showing up on windows.

7. jed

jed New Member

You might have to change the Windows / 3CX Service 3CXHotelModule01 from Disabled to Automatic startup.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Only for windows install you must do the reinstall via a backup and restore as additional services need to be installed. In Linux this does not apply as the hole package is replaced each time an update is performed.

To add, the same applies for the music play list service. Windows needs the reinstall...

9. jem1

So why was this not highlighted anywhere that both require a re-install on Windows and is there any other features in 15.5 that require the reinstall? I was going to simply do a normal update for a customer soon for the playlist feature and would have been fairly upset if I had to spend hours figuring out why it was not there.

10. Tony Cave

We are running our NFR licence upgraded to 15.5.5 on Debian on AWS and no hotel features are showing since the upgrade either....

11. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am with you on this. The relevant departments have been informed to put this out there in an easy to find manner...

12. jem1

Stefan, thank you! I had asked about upgrade options during the live launch and it was stated that 15.5 was the first major version that could be upgraded via the console but they didn't mention the Hotel or Playlist not working! :) Glad I check the forums regularly and do small rollouts before doing most of our customers that will let us update them.

13. fmtech1

Brilliant! Saved me quite the troubleshooting headache :)
    Hopefully they will remove the need for a reinstall in the next SP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.