15.5 SP1 Issue: DND Broken

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by garn, Aug 21, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garn

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2017
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    2
    Using Yealink T46G and *61/*60 to cycle DND, after the update, when pressing the DND softkey I can see the phone dial the softcode to enable DND and then immediately dial the softcode to disable, within about a second.

    Likewise if I set DND from the smartphone app or from the web admin interface, the phone will display DND properly, however will not let me disable DND, showing the same effects as above but in reverse.

    Any suggestions?
     
  2. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    5,514
    Likes Received:
    361
    Hello @garn

    Please note that the functionality of the DND button has changed in V15.5. It no longer dials *60/*61 when the button is pressed. It now sends a Info SIP message to the PBX through CSTA updating the status of the management console. Before the change the DND would not reflect on the management console.
    With that in mind my guess would be that you are not using the latest templates and the latest supported firmware on the phone. If that is the case then please update to the latest supported firmware for your device and use the default templates. Then try again.
     
  3. garn

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2017
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    2
    Hi,

    It was working fine on 15.5, as soon as I upgraded to 15.5 SP1, the problems started. The phones are on firmware 28.81.0.110 which appears to be the latest. Any other ideas? I can clearly see on the softphone the dialcodes being sent when I press the DND button, which is a programmable button; relevant settings below:

    features.dnd_refuse_code = 486

    programablekey.3.type = 5
    programablekey.3.line =
    programablekey.3.value =
    programablekey.3.history_type =
    programablekey.3.label = DND
    programablekey.3.xml_phonebook =

    features.dnd_mode = 0
    features.dnd.enable =

    ##v81 new##
    features.dnd.large_icon.enable= 1

    custom.features.dnd_sync.enable =

    #Configure the DND on code and off code.
    features.dnd.on_code = %%param::SETAWAY%%
    features.dnd.off_code = %%param::SETAVAILABLE%%
    features.dnd.emergency_enable = 0
    features.dnd.emergency_authorized_number =

    SETAWAY and SETAVAILABLE are configured to *61 and *60 in that order. Oddly, if I change one phones config to not use that parameter but instead use *32 and *30, it works fine. If I update the parameter to be *32 and *30 and save, it reverts to the same behavior. Weird!!!!
     
  4. garn

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2017
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    2
    Okay so I copied the settings from the default T4X template for featuresdnd.on_code and features.dnd.off_code being set to %NULL% and it now works.

    So for whatever reason the dialcode on 15.5 still worked even though like you mentioned the new status communication method is being used, however 15.5 SP1 it absolutely breaks it! So %NULL% it is!
     
  5. YiannisH_3CX

    YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

    Joined:
    May 10, 2016
    Messages:
    5,514
    Likes Received:
    361
    The dial code will still work if dialled manually. It can also be found it the PBX under settings>>Dial codes. But the functionality of the phones has changed and for things to be working as they were designed you need the latest templates the latest supported firmware for the PBX version you are running.
    Glad to hear the issue is now resolved.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.