15.5 sp2 - Email takeaway. Legal?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

So, it is my understanding that 'upgrading' from sp1 to sp2 introduces a mechanism where the email feature is turned off (or set to external only) if you don't carry current maintenance? Is that correct?

3CX is fantastic, don't get me wrong... but I've never seen a traditional PBX take away a feature if you don't carry maintenance on it. Or ANY hardware or software for that matter. You simply are stuck on your version and lose support, not punished because you didn't throw money at a company regularly.

If true, this is a disappointing move by 3CX. And honestly, I'm not even sure it's legal - you can't call it a perpetual license and then take away a feature based on people not paying for another offering. 3CX resellers should be up in arms if this is true.

sip.bg likes this.
  2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You need a paid 3CX version, not maintenance.
    The free version gets you the branded email.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    accentlogic likes this.
  3. giwm

giwm New Member

Assuming that's the case... then I am way off base with my original post. :)

Can 3CX confirm this?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. giwm

giwm New Member

@complex1 Thank you for that! I think I read the 'maintenance' requirement in the sp2 release thread and the message was never really squashed in full - or at least I misunderstood it. :)

Sorry!

accentlogic likes this.
  6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.