Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

15.5 Update 1 (SP1) - Available Today!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by michael, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    nb likes this.
  2. jed

jed New Member

Thank you team 3CX :)
    • Update on Windows just works
    • Great overview in Change History - keep it this waw
    • Not able to use spaces or other signs when creating a Prompt (.WAV)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    XanthiZ, nb and Bianca like this.
  3. Rob24h

Should the Windows PBX update be done from the updates view on the webpage?

nb likes this.
  4. Bianca

3CX Support

Hi rob. Yes it should

nb likes this.
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

jed likes this.
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After some time you should see a new update available - This time the update will be Release (not beta)
    Click on it and update.
    If you have auto updates enabled, the pbx will automatically update without asking on the designated configured time.

7. telis

telis New Member

The install was nice a smooth :)

I'd love to get our 3CX installations into a supported state by getting rid of custom templates for our Snom handsets and this goes some way to achieving this. At last the user's name and even more importantly number are now displayed on the idle screen on the Snom 710/715. And we can stop the screen from dimming. Also the unnecessary (but nice to have) line keys are now optional. Brilliant.

So this is a great start to a much neglected area.

However we at least will still need custom templates and here is why.

Softkeys/Comtext senetive funstion keys - http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/gui_fkey

The softkeys can't be changed, gui_fkey1 to gui_fkey4. I don't want the user anywhere near the settings of the handset but they have a Settings button. I also don't want them to have a CFwd softkey because call forwarding using the handset has no visibility in the system. Also when there is a status message the Info softkey pushes the DND softkey from the screen because all 4 softkeys are displayed.

The new templating improvement should IMHO have an option to configure the softkeys or at least disable some of the soft keys.

Display Method - http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/display_method

The display method cannot be changed and the default is display_name. It's much better IMHO if it is display_number_name. This way you can make a note of the number that called you and call the person back - especially internal users. This is a similar issue to how the idle display used not to show the extension number and users name on the handset. In any case an alternative is to surface the option in the provisioning page, that way everyone is happy!

Park BLF Key LED Behavior Colours - snom 710/715 - http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/Leds_Behavior_8.6.6

It's a shame the way the park keys are coloured has changed for the worse on the snom 710. This is I think a change of defaults by snom to match others in the range. It used to be on the snom 710 a park blf key was off when the slot was empty and on solid green when the slot was occupied. Now the slot is green when unoccupied and flashing green when occupied. This means all the users need to be retrained and will no doubt make mistakes through habit, and it also means you cannot see when a slot is free at a glance, you have to wait for when a slot might blink off to know it is free. Other models in the range have multicolured LEDs and make the slot red when occupied but the 710 only has green LEDs in it's buttons.

jericho991 and nb like this.
  8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Softkeys and Display method I agree and very simple and makes sense for all phones. I would open a new thread on the ideas section and write something along these lines:

Display Method - http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/display_method
    Ability to change display method Example: Display name, display_number_name etc etc and provide examples.
    find a snippet of my custom template here proving how this can be done (Give code snippet)

Do this for all the features you proposed and we will take it from there. Put this as an idea.

Re park blf - This is not something that concerns 3CX. Snom decided to go for a more modern look. Hardware is more advanced and they can support multicoloured LED's. Yes users need to be retrained (Okay retrained for what: I mean how hard can it be to retrain a user that a user is busy now when the lamp is red as opposed to steady yellow? The indicators used are still worldwide standard. Traffic light style..
    The low fuel indicator in a honda is an orange circle, but when these users go and rent a car or drive a friends car, they quickly understand that the low fuel indicator of a BMW is a yellow icon on the dash. Of course they do - because it is quite universal. anyway...) but if you dont want to retrain users, then buy the previous models.

But soon you will end up with multicolored phones anyway. Its like TV's. Soon you cannot NOT buy a smart tv. Before you could. Now it is standard with WIFI. Buttons will die also - everything will be on the display..

9. daneke

Great job. Fixed the voicemail remote access!

Fantastic product. Proud to be an installer.

Bianca and nb like this.
  10. telis

telis New Member

100% agree about the coloured LEDs, the issue for me is more the flashing meaning you lose the single glance view. Snom can't really hold back their whole range because some models don't have multicolored LEDs and equally can't have red and green given opposite meanings on different models. I wonder if the new 712 will have dual colour LEDs. Shame that the 710's are now legacy. As for a display only phone we have one of these but it's not there yet - https://www.ubnt.com/unifi-voip/uvp/

I will make the feature requests for the other two point in the ideas forum.

nb likes this.
  11. John Doheny

Very cool improvements - awesome phone provisioning stuff. Question and concern on Webclient features:

How does a user set a reminder call for themselves in the webclient? We can set for any other users but not for our own ext?

Can these new webclient features be disabled per user/group? While convenient for a manager to be able set a reminder call, or assign/clear the ext data, this is NOT something that should be able to be done by all users - this will allow prank calls, and enables any user to clear another valid user's extension data - yikes! Will there be rights enabled to control access? Or perhaps PIN control?

nb likes this.
  12. RossPCS

We are having a major issue since the update!! Not deployed but still in rollout thank god!! The Yealink T2X phones (what we are deploying) are now turning off LLDP after reboot with new version installed. When we look at the config file it shows that setting is now off. This will cause major headaches if this happens when 600 phones are deployed. Any insight would be helpful.

nb likes this.
  13. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

How does one go about seeing the room status in 3CX as a result of using a maid code for hotels? The V14 users could see this in the hotel module, but I have not been able to locate same in the SP1 Beta or release. There are still stand-alone hotels that do not use the PMS and even those that do use the PMS, may not always have connectivity to the PMS system.

nb likes this.
  14. V..

V..

HI lneblett,

Unfortunately I believe this feature not present in 15.5 sp1.

15. lneblett

Thanks, I did not think so, but you never know till you ask.

16. Brian Buell

Does the update require a restart of the Services and/or Server?

17. Brian Cross

Brian Cross New Member

Restart of services yes...

18. lneblett

Another couple of questions regarding hotel service and wake-up calls --
    Is there no provision that in the event that a wake-up call was not answered (failed) that an email and/or another extension is notified of same?
    is there not a log that shows the wake-up call events? As I read the new manual, only pending wake-up calls are able to be viewed. This leave the hotel in a position of not being able to determine if a wake-up call was placed by a guest or the system made the call.

19. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hey there,
    just updated our 3CX to this Version.
    Why don't I see the new customizeable IP Phone Provisioning Options? We are using Yealink T48G.
    Does this not work if one got modified Templates? (We need some slight modifications - as one can not adjust Dial Now Rules and some other Config Options within 3CX ...)
    thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

#19 Futureweb, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  20. nnakao

Installed the update on a Demo Server. When provisioning a T46G, the lines now don't show up. It only affects non-custom templates.

Anyone else had that problem?

nb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.