15.5 Update 1 (SP1) Released in BETA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nb, Aug 2, 2017.

15.5 Update 1 (SP1) Released in BETA 5 5 1votes
5/5, 1 vote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 nb, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. beta-erp

Hi
    Great surprise to discover the last build just before holidays. Two questions about new features:

1- Wireshark logs trace from UI: does this need to get Wireshark installed on the local computer which we browse to 3CX console from or ok if on 3CX server (Windows configuration)?
    2- One of the best feature onmy mind. The Voicemail associated to Queues or Ring Groups. In extension, we currently set a PIN to listen voicemail. How it will works in case of Groups or Queues? Does only members will be able to get access via VM number (999 default) without PIN?

Anyway, great job to 3CX teams. Have good holidays.

Nick Galea likes this.
  3. simonjh88

I thought you were getting away from calling them 'SP' updates.

Pleased to see Group Voicemail! Hoorah!

Nick Galea likes this.
  4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Best to see the linked document: https://www.3cx.com/docs/capture-network-traffic/
    Best is to capture on host, download on your PC and then filter and review from there. Takes the filter load of the 3CX.

We have made a guide defining how group Vbox message will work (email) . Therefore no pin is needed ;-)
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/group-voicemail/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nick Galea likes this.
  5. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

;-)

simonjh88 likes this.
  6. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Please can you enable a BLF key to activate Hot Desking, on Yealink Phones currently, we need to go into the phones web page and do this manually. Love the config option coming into 3CX rather than having to amend the template, a few more things..... For HardPhones..... Remove screen saver completely, turn off missed call alerts.

7. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Is this a beta that will require a reinstall to update from?

8. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

General speaking the answer is: No, you will be able to upgrade from the Beta on to the final and so on...

jbryant84 likes this.
  9. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

Once we will know who to solve HD once and for all (no commitment) then this will be there too!

10. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

for older YL devices, such as T20,T22,T26,T28,T32,T38 for all of them the screensaver is always disabled.
    For the newer devices, which allow us to set a timer when to switch to the screensaver we added up to 6h, which is a protection for your LCD screen!

depending on you YL modle, you can set it to "Vbox only". However it is device dependent...

11. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We are getting away from calling them Service Packs. They are updates. We added SP1 just for reference for users used to SP terminology.

12. JonnyM

Is there a way to opt-out of having Beta software offered in the updater? I appreciate it won't auto-upgrade but I would rather remove the risk of an accidental upgrade if possible.

13. neville

neville New Member

Not seeing the update offered in my Linux systems, even though I got the email that it was available.

14. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

no this is not possible to not see them at all and at current it is not consider to be changed in the future.

Braam likes this.
  15. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

16. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

From the update information regarding Group VM:

Additionally, extension setting for Voicemail delivery is overridden by the default workflow of group voice mails to:

1. Record Voicemail
    2. Send it via eMail to participants
    3. Delete Voicemail from system after delivery

StefanW likes this.
  17. craigreilly

I got the email that an update was available with the link:

"A new update is available for 3CX Phone System.
    Login to the 3CX Management console at....."

But it doesn't show up - which is probably good since it is still BETA.

18. jem1

The setting phone options and line keys are HUGE! Thank you!!! I'm currently testing against Fanvil and yealink phones we have at the office here, and looks like I'm going to delay two systems who are on 12.5 upgrades to 15.5 until this is released as it will make my job MUCH easier as a lot of what we do in the custom templates are now in the management interface.

Question though, will phone options like VLAN and Date/Time format make to the Yealink T32 series? We have quite a few deployed and I know they are EOL but it would help greatly with them especially with the two customers we are wanting to upgrade to 15.5 soon, it would eliminate completely the need for custom templates at both customers.

Nick Galea and StefanW like this.
  19. jem1

It shows up, you have to go to the update page itself, it doesn't get flagged with a red number at the updates item at the top of the management console.

StefanW and craigreilly like this.
  20. craigreilly

Now I really want to get rid of my Grandstream phones... All of these features are just awesome! I'd love to not have to adjust templates manually.

Bianca, nb, Nick Galea and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.