• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

15.5 Update 1 (SP1) Released in BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nb

Support Team
Reaction score
We have managed to make Update 1 (SP1) available just in time for your holidays! Update 1 has a good number of features for administrators and users of 3CX alike.

Extensive IP Phone Configuration options​

We have greatly expanded the configuration options available for supported phones. Now you can configure the following option...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Great surprise to discover the last build just before holidays. Two questions about new features:

1- Wireshark logs trace from UI: does this need to get Wireshark installed on the local computer which we browse to 3CX console from or ok if on 3CX server (Windows configuration)?
2- One of the best feature onmy mind. The Voicemail associated to Queues or Ring Groups. In extension, we currently set a PIN to listen voicemail. How it will works in case of Groups or Queues? Does only members will be able to get access via VM number (999 default) without PIN?

Anyway, great job to 3CX teams. Have good holidays.

Reactions: Nick Galea
I thought you were getting away from calling them 'SP' updates.

Pleased to see Group Voicemail! Hoorah!

1- Wireshark logs trace from UI: does this need to get Wireshark installed on the local computer which we browse to 3CX console from or ok if on 3CX server (Windows configuration)?

Best to see the linked document: https://www.3cx.com/docs/capture-network-traffic/
Best is to capture on host, download on your PC and then filter and review from there. Takes the filter load of the 3CX.

2- One of the best feature onmy mind. The Voicemail associated to Queues or Ring Groups. In extension, we currently set a PIN to listen voicemail. How it will works in case of Groups or Queues? Does only members will be able to get access via VM number (999 default) without PIN?

We have made a guide defining how group Vbox message will work (email) . Therefore no pin is needed ;-)
https://www.3cx.com/docs/group-voicemail/

Reactions: simonjh88
Please can you enable a BLF key to activate Hot Desking, on Yealink Phones currently, we need to go into the phones web page and do this manually. Love the config option coming into 3CX rather than having to amend the template, a few more things..... For HardPhones..... Remove screen saver completely, turn off missed call alerts.

Is this a beta that will require a reinstall to update from?

Is this a beta that will require a reinstall to update from?

General speaking the answer is: No, you will be able to upgrade from the Beta on to the final and so on...

Reactions: jbryant84
Please can you enable a BLF key to activate Hot Desking,

Once we will know who to solve HD once and for all (no commitment) then this will be there too!

Remove screen saver completely

for older YL devices, such as T20,T22,T26,T28,T32,T38 for all of them the screensaver is always disabled.
For the newer devices, which allow us to set a timer when to switch to the screensaver we added up to 6h, which is a protection for your LCD screen!

turn off missed call alerts
depending on you YL modle, you can set it to "Vbox only". However it is device dependent...

I thought you were getting away from calling them 'SP' updates.

Pleased to see Group Voicemail! Hoorah!
We are getting away from calling them Service Packs. They are updates. We added SP1 just for reference for users used to SP terminology.

Is there a way to opt-out of having Beta software offered in the updater? I appreciate it won't auto-upgrade but I would rather remove the risk of an accidental upgrade if possible.

Not seeing the update offered in my Linux systems, even though I got the email that it was available.

Is there a way to opt-out of having Beta software offered in the updater? I appreciate it won't auto-upgrade but I would rather remove the risk of an accidental upgrade if possible.

no this is not possible to not see them at all and at current it is not consider to be changed in the future.

Reactions: Braam

From the update information regarding Group VM:

Additionally, extension setting for Voicemail delivery is overridden by the default workflow of group voice mails to:

1. Record Voicemail
  2. Send it via eMail to participants
  3. Delete Voicemail from system after delivery

Reactions: StefanW
I got the email that an update was available with the link:

"A new update is available for 3CX Phone System.
Login to the 3CX Management console at....."

But it doesn't show up - which is probably good since it is still BETA.

The setting phone options and line keys are HUGE! Thank you!!! I'm currently testing against Fanvil and yealink phones we have at the office here, and looks like I'm going to delay two systems who are on 12.5 upgrades to 15.5 until this is released as it will make my job MUCH easier as a lot of what we do in the custom templates are now in the management interface.

Question though, will phone options like VLAN and Date/Time format make to the Yealink T32 series? We have quite a few deployed and I know they are EOL but it would help greatly with them especially with the two customers we are wanting to upgrade to 15.5 soon, it would eliminate completely the need for custom templates at both customers.

I got the email that an update was available with the link:

"A new update is available for 3CX Phone System.
Login to the 3CX Management console at....."

But it doesn't show up - which is probably good since it is still BETA.

It shows up, you have to go to the update page itself, it doesn't get flagged with a red number at the updates item at the top of the management console.

Now I really want to get rid of my Grandstream phones... All of these features are just awesome! I'd love to not have to adjust templates manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.