Solved 15.5 webclient question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ygonzales, Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ygonzales

Dear Support,
    i am interested, in 15.5 release. Will webclient have a full call support form web directly without using a phone.

Because in Alpha it says no phone registered. So as I understand i need to register a phone and then i can control it from WEB.

But idea was to have a full featured webclient to work without any phone or software... but directly from browser?

Lets say Linux has no normal SIP client. and only web client can be solution ...

Thanks

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

At the moment the web client relies on either a softphone or IP phone. At some point we will have a WebRTC integrated softphone yes, but we have no time frames for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lj

lj

Hi Nick

Sorry for my ignorance here, V154 was great, V15 much better and then i saw your article showing V15.5 with Webclient making the product look even more intuative. its early days so looking for more info.
    I have 'Taken a test spin' so far looks the same as V15, i cannot seem to replicate the webclient dashboard you are showing indicating how many voicemail each user has got,
    I have logged in as both manager and user but cannot see the dashboard as you show
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/web-based-voip-client/

I have also downloaded the latest Client softphone for Desktop

What do i need to do to log in and see the webclient as you show?
    Its probably really obvious

Regards

4. lj

lj

Ps Going Linux was a great idea. Im new to Linux but find it much more reliable than Windows. Teaming up with OVH was also good, it really helps providing a hosted solution stress free and a really low cost

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @lj

Thank you for your kind feedback. Please note that you don't need any special permissions for the webclient to indicate how may new voicemails you have. once someone leaves a voicemail to your extension you should get the notification as shown in the screenshot. Are you experiencing different behaviour?

lj likes this.
  6. lj

lj

Thankyou Yiannish
    I hadnt had the blog alerts set up on my profile and have since played with the Webclient - its great, really good
    Much easier for voicemails and works on Linux (tested with ubuntu) because its web not PC based
    Great idea

7. Emre

Not showing unprovised phones at webclient. Also can not control. It wasnt so in Alpha.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

that as expected, the webclient only drives supported phones so we can ensure uaCSTA compatibility and testing. All legacy or unknown device will not be supported in the webclient.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.