• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

15.5 Where is the "USProgressTone" or ringing tone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

godskitchen

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a client who just upgraded from v11 to v15.5

They do not want the hold music on a Call Queue when a customer calls, they want a normal ringing sound for the customer.

In v11 I just used the "USProgressTone" .wav but I can not find it in v15.5 or any progress/ringing tone that the caller hears.

I dont want to reuse the tone from v11 as it sounds awful.

I know v15.5 has a good quality sounding tone as when I set the incoming calls to go to a Ring Group and not a Queue it sounds perfect...... I just cant fine it anywhere!

Can anyone help please?

Are you saying within the Call Queue setup - Music on Hold, when you click on the down arrow you do not see USProgressTone

Reactions: godskitchen
Are you saying within the Call Queue setup - Music on Hold, when you click on the down arrow you do not see USProgressTone

Thanks for the reply....

Yes I do see USProrogressTone in the drop down, I honestly thought it was me who put it in that location, seemingly not.

That is the file I am using in place of the onhold music file.

However it sounds awful when used as the in hold music, the quality is reduced from when it is used for the ring groups

The usprogresstone is not the same file as the ringing you are listening to when calling a ring group. What you hear when calling a ring group depends on the device you are calling from. When calling a ring group the PBX will send a ringing message back to the endpoint and the endpoint plays the sound you are hearing. When calling from an external number the PBX will send the ringing message back to the provider and the provider will send ringing to the caller. If the usprogresstone file is not sufficient then you can find different ringing file, convert it to the appropriate format and use that one for the queues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.