15 Config - DNS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Is there a method to change a chosen option to use a single FQDN to instead avail the Internal FQDN/IP and External FQDN instead without backup/reinstall?

I apparently derped on this last install.. assumed there was some local/internal DNS host available.. there isn't.
    Can I adjust custom params for this? If so.. let's assume I'm happy with the external FQDN (I am..) and need a local IP (since again I don't have local DNS..).

I ask because it ties into the next possible question about re-using one of those issued Let's Encrypt certificates.. I'm afraid I won't be able to use the same host name if I retried the install without calling support.. and unsure even if then.
    On this bit.. I'll be pursuing the CSR/PFX option.. but also have a question out about replace/renew on those (three years can go by fast..). Else.. I'd just have backed up and done over with changing that DNS question accordingly..

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi there,

I am afraid the solution to your problem is un-install and re-install. Assuming we are talking about V15 form the question you need to perform a backup without including license information and FQDN. Un-install restart the windows machine and re-install.
    When you are asked for a key use the same you had before and when asked if you want a 3Cx FQDN or your own choose a 3CX one and choose the same hostname as before. You will be able to pick the same hostname as it is bound to your license.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed, thank you.

The bigger concern was the 3cx.us certificate and possibly not being able to reuse it upon reinstall. Good to know it binds to the license. Makes sense, given it is also renewed with current maintenance. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.