• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

150 users, 15 remote sites ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdelamare

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new and very interested by 3CX.
But, I generally found a 3CX usage for around 10 to 30 users, with up from 0 to 5 remote sites.

In my case, I got 150 users, 15 remote sites, and about 500 calls a day.
Main site will host data servers and phone server (3CX???) with 8M SDSL + QoS. Remote sites will be configured with 2M SDSL + QoS, with a maximum of 5 users per site.

I'll be glad to share some similar experiences with you guys. That will make me more confident.
Theorically, 3CX rocks...
But in real life, will it be efficient and reliable enough to match my needs ?????

Thx very much by advance.

Mostly depends on number of simultaneous calls you will need and the codecs used.

The G.711a/µ codec requires typically 88.1 kbit/s in each direction, so a 2 Mbit/s link is theoretically enough for at least 16 simultaneous calls or more with other codecs like G.729, etc. These codecs will require more CPU power.

Generally I would recommend a MS Windows 2008R2 (standard or foundation edition), Xeon CPU, at least 4 GB of RAM, 250 GB + HDD, RAID 1.

Regards

mdelamare said:
In my case, I got 150 users, 15 remote sites, and about 500 calls a day.

It should not be the issue in case if
mdelamare said:
150 users, 15 remote sites,
will handle
mdelamare said:
about 500 calls a day

and average duration of the call will not exceed 100 minutes (128 "sim calls" license is required in this case)

Thx for the replies ! ;)
That will help me to fit the server.

Actually, we got a dedicated : Xeon 3440, 4go RAM, 146HDD raid 1, Win Server 2008R2 64 Bits.

We'll be using 30 simultaneous calls. Most of them will be received by the main site.
I'm thinking of a 64 3CX simultaneous calls (because I've heard that 3CX is also using 1 channel for "internal" calls, I mean calls done between the main site, and remote sites, via SDSL lines).

Do you think everything will match the needs and work fine ?
I'm a little bit scared to go through with 3CX :roll:

PS : why HDD size might be at least 250Gb in my case ? logs ? temp files...???

Thx again.

mdelamare said:
Thx for the replies ! ;)
That will help me to fit the server.

Actually, we got a dedicated : Xeon 3440, 4go RAM, 146HDD raid 1, Win Server 2008R2 64 Bits.

We'll be using 30 simultaneous calls. Most of them will be received by the main site.
I'm thinking of a 64 3CX simultaneous calls (because I've heard that 3CX is also using 1 channel for "internal" calls, I mean calls done between the main site, and remote sites, via SDSL lines).

Do you think everything will match the needs and work fine ?
I'm a little bit scared to go through with 3CX :roll:

PS : why HDD size might be at least 250Gb in my case ? logs ? temp files...???

Thx again.

That's fine. I quoted 250GB as this is the smallest disk on the market today. You may need larger disk (generally even 80 GB is enough, incl. Windows) if you want to record calls, etc.

32 Simultaneous calls should be enough (how many people / agents you have, how many channels you have from providers ?).

What's the type of your business (call center, etc.) ?

I've set a call center (32 SC) with a less powerful CPU and never experienced a CPU load over 30-35% and RAM usage over 2 GB (using MS Win 2008R2 Foundation).

Best regards

Hi eagle2 !

Here are some answers :
"32 Simultaneous calls should be enough (how many people / agents you have, how many channels you have from providers ?)"
-> we'll have 2 or 3 agents ta catch calls. Provider's will provide 30 sim calls. 99% of the 150 users will have a "direct number/direct selection on arrival" (sorry I don't know how this is called in us/english" !)

-> we're an association, not typically a call center. just 2 or 3 agents which redirects calls to employees, or provide infos/status of employees (so we're very interested in 3CX Assistant)

I've set a call center (32 SC) with a less powerful CPU and never experienced a CPU load over 30-35% and RAM usage over 2 GB (using MS Win 2008R2 Foundation).
-> can you tell me how many agents were they in this call center please ? How many calls a day...?

Thx again for those precious informations.

mdelamare said:
Hi eagle2 !

Here are some answers :
"32 Simultaneous calls should be enough (how many people / agents you have, how many channels you have from providers ?)"
-> we'll have 2 or 3 agents ta catch calls. Provider's will provide 30 sim calls. 99% of the 150 users will have a "direct number/direct selection on arrival" (sorry I don't know how this is called in us/english" !)

This definitely means 32 SC licenses are enough. Even having 30 SC from provider you will reach that amount in pick hours maybe, not all the time. Having 150 DDI (Direct-Dialing-Inward or also DID) numbers is not a problem - you may have as many as you like / need - 1000 numbers or so. Important point is how many sim. calls you may have / need.

mdelamare said:
-> we're an association, not typically a call center. just 2 or 3 agents which redirects calls to employees, or provide infos/status of employees (so we're very interested in 3CX Assistant)

In version 10 the user console is called MyPhone and works either as a web application or as a standalone one (requires MS Silverlight to be installed). Voice Application Designer is something to consider for more advanced IVR solutions.

mdelamare said:
-> can you tell me how many agents were they in this call center please ? How many calls a day...?

In typical call centers you need as many channels / licenses as the number of agents. In your case 30 channels for 150 users is normally OK (users are not talking all the time), neither I expect so many internal calls. In heavy-duty call center environments you may need extra licenses for people waiting in a queue.

mdelamare said:
Thx again for those precious informations.

If you are interested in implementation assistance please send me a private message or e-mail.
Kind regards,

Orlin.

Thx for all those answers !
I'm now more confident with 3CX.

I will know open another ticket regarding our last need : working with DECT phones everywhere.
Indeed, I need to be sure that any people will be able to move around with their phones.
Pb : Snom phones only allows 9 phones to be connected on 1 base. And as we'll be at least 90 users on our main sites, some 3CX "experts" told us that it's possible to use Aastra DECT/IP antennas, combined with Aastra 142d (or 610/620/630) phones.
And this may work fine with 3CX, allowing us to use roaming and hand-over possibility, plus advanced functions such as centralized address book...
Do you think that DECT/IP solution is reliable ???

Thx per advance.

We have done several larger installs on a large number of sites.
There are plenty of horror stories so please allow me to clarify a few points to consider

Infrastructure... Will you use a VPN? You can use VPNs with no encryption and take advantage of option 66 to self provision all phones at all sites.

Codec: 711u/722 down to GSM.iLBC

Will PBX deliver audio?

Will you use SIP trunks provided over the net OR onsite using a gateway?

What routers will you use?

You must first decide this to properly size your connectivity and then decided upon a codec and architecture.

This is not something that just works outside the box.

Wow ! I'll try to answer all those interesting questions :

Infrastructure... Will you use a VPN? You can use VPNs with no encryption and take advantage of option 66 to self provision all phones at all sites.
-> We will work with a MPLS VPN, inside a unique provider. So this might be considered as a extended LAN.

Codec: 711u/722 down to GSM.iLBC
-> We don't know yet what codec will be used :S

Will PBX deliver audio?
-> I don't understand this question ? there will be 1 3CX server deserving everybody, locally and remotelly

Will you use SIP trunks provided over the net OR onsite using a gateway?
-> We will use a gateway for external calls (no VoIP yet,at the beginning)

What routers will you use?
-> routers will be cisco, but I don't know yet what models

Hope that is clear !
Do you have any clue with Aastra DECT/IP and 3CX ?

Thx very much.

Great info!

Sounds much like a setup we just completed. Here is more info:

Are the gateways strategically placed at each remote office to serve the specific office? If so, great! - 711u codec

DECT - Panasonic TGP-500, best choice for quality/value

In your scenarion 3CX will mostly setup control and tear down the call, no RTP (audio) will go between the line/server/phone. Properly setup all audio will remain within the local phone/gateway lan and only SIP signaling will hit the server.

You can certainly rely on 3CX for this setup. Grab Grandstream phones and you can even take advantage of iLBC to minimize bandwidth use between locations (make ilbc choice 1, 711 u etc). This will allow phone to chat with each other across the MPLS using iLBC but 711u wen talking to the pots gateway.

Hi,
Thx for the answer, but I'm not sure to understand clearly !
The gateway should be a Patton/32 channels, and will be placed on the main site.
All sites connected via SDSL + main site will call from this gateway.

All internal calls will go through the LAN. So if I understand, only SIP signals will be transported ??? :roll:
Is this gonna work with Snom M9 DECT on all remotes sites ??

About Panasonic TGP-500 : that will be the same issue than with Snom M9 -FOR THE MAIN SITE-. We can't fit our needs because we must assume 90 users. Those SIP DECT can only host 6 to 9 phones, and does not allow roaming + hand-over through the whole building (45 meters long, 3 floors).

That's why we're thinking about Aastra DECT/IP antennas + Aastra 142d DECT phones... But I don't know if this is fully compatible, with full features availables...

Am I clear ? :p

Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.