Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

169.254... server failure [Incoming Calls]

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alex2911, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex2911

Hi all

I would like to try out the community edition of 3CX VOIP but have following problem:
    Call outs works but call in give me an error in the logs:

Image no longer available

Is there something i missed ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. alex2911

some adds

after i searched the forum, i think i know where my problem is.

the installed server (windows 2008) is not a home-server.
    it has external ip's routed to one network card.

Is there such a configuration to bind 3CX to one "internal" ip (ofc - i don't have internal ip's - there are all external) ?

my problem start at the top of the debug-logfile:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. isysman

A 169.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address is known as an APIPA address. This is an IP address that a computer assigns itself when it cannot contact a DHCP server. So I think there may be some sort of IP issue with your setup. How is your computer connected to the Internet? What is the IP address of your server/computer, is it directly connected to the internet or does it go through a router/firewall?

4. alex2911

Hi

It is a windows server - directly connected from the hoster.
    dhcp is turned off.
    the 85.xx.xx.xxx is the main ip inserted as fixed ip in the network-card menu.

5. isysman

If you have a router/firewall you should be directing all traffic on port 5060 to your server IP address, this will solve your inbound issue.

Edit
    I just saw your new post, with the server info in it. If you go to the extensions tab (in 3CX menu), and edit your extension then select 'phone provisioning' tab you can add the IP address you wish to use in 'select interface'

6. alex2911

thx for your answer.

i just am able to insert the port into the firewall rules. but the port was already there. i can't access to the router because it is a root-server.

7. isysman

I just saw your new post, with the server info in it. If you go to the extensions tab (in 3CX menu), and edit your extension then select 'phone provisioning' tab you can add the IP address you wish to use in 'select interface'

8. alex2911

hi again :)

it was already selected.
    no changes.

9. isysman

So let me understand this, you are saying that for some reason the 3cx system is selecting the NIC that is not connected to the Internet for incoming calls? Why don't you right click my computer, select properties>Hardware>Device Manager then select the NIC card that is unused and right click it and disable it, that way the 3CX system should no longer try to use it.

10. alex2911

a good question....
    the second card could be for ICMP or internal communications but i am not sure.

So deactivate something while it runs is not a good idea.

11. isysman

Do you have two (physical) NIC cards on your machine? If so and one has no network cable attached then it serves no purpose and should be disabled. Then reboot your machine and 3CX system.

12. isysman

When you set up your system and it asked for your FQDN did you enter a name (such as myname.local) or an IP address? If you entered a name you should change it to the IP address of your server. Go to Settings>Advanced and change 'Local SIP domain' to the IP address.

13. alex2911

i deactivated now the second network card after called with the support.
    Thank you.
    problem solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.