2 dids

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spartan28012, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spartan28012

I have 2 DID's setup for incoming. One should ring one extension, the other a different extension. Both extensions are setup and registered, and both DID's actually ring, but the same extension. I have each DID defined to ring 2 different extensions but this is not working. Advice?

2. danhriscanu

danhriscanu New Member

http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. spartan28012

I don't think I could explain that any better. Logs tell me nothing except that it routed the call to extension 100 which is clearly not what is defined in the inbound rules. Perhaps they both only route to extension 100 because it's the operator extension? Hard to have a clue since this is a first time setup

4. spartan28012

I think I see the problem. In defining the inbound provider, I am required to specify which extension to route the call. However, the System Manual States "Now specify how calls from this VoIP provider should be routed. You can specify a different route outside office hours. The routing configured here will take affect when no inbound routing rules are matched" So I must have the did routing specified improperly somehow.

The section on DID's and Inbound Call Identification is not clear so what I have specified is as follows.
    On the DID tab of the VOIP provider I have specified my 2 11 digit DID's 1+ 10 digitnumber

On the source ID tab I have checked Source Identification by DID and added the same 2 DID's as above 1 + 10 digit number.
    perhaps I am missing something here?

5. spartan28012

Finally :D , My provider was adding a "+" sign in front of the number that did not detect so I substituted an asterisk for the 1 and it works!

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Thanks for letting us know what you did to fix that - it had me wondering!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.