2 digit extension plan

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benzinbruder77, Sep 19, 2007.

1. benzinbruder77

Hi,

is there any possibility to install the 3cx phone system with a 2 digit extension plan?
    The extensions of our customer are in this way. The extensions are printed on every vcard and so on...

Or is there any workaround just to map external calls?

thx

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I don't believe so. And when you consider it from the concept of the target market for 3CX, as well as future expandability of existing 3CX installations, two digit extensions would be severely limiting.

The only suggestion I have right now would be to employ the Digital Assistant in directing calls but its not a solution I would embrace myself. Sorry I could not provide more help.

3. daves

I thought I would give this a go. I changed the global variable in 3CX "ENL" (Extension number length) to a value of 2. I then created some 2 digit extensions in 3CX. Then registered X-Lite to one of them and called another extension. I went to the voice mail of the extension. I was then able to call the voice mail number and use the 2 digit extension number to retrieve the message. This could suggest that 2 digit extensions could work. However I have only done this much testing as I personally can't think where I would need 2 digit extensions. But if you are still interested in trying out 2 digit extensions you may like to do the testing and let us know how you get on. The trickey part of course is being able to change the global variable "ENL". Post back if you want to know how.

4. benzinbruder77

solved

Thanks for your answers...

i have done it with "DID" ...
    i mapped the external 2 digit extension to the internal 3 digit extension.

it's not perfect, cause the internal extension differ from the external but it works.