2 extensions on 1 phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rizzz, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizzz

Hi,

I'm searching for a softphone that can support two simultaneous extensions, for example 100 and 101 simultanely on one softphone.

Thanks

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Zoiper can register to multiple extensions at one time. My question would be, why would you want to do that? Usually the reason has a better solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. comresource

comresource Member

I am also looking for a nice softphone with multiple registrations. My reason is for notification of Voice Main in a general delivery mailbox such as Service or Sales etc. On my hard phones I register extra lines to these other extensions for this purpose. If there is a better way to do this I am open to suggestions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

the pay verasion von xlite (eyebeam) can do so.
    I guess up to 8 different

5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I suppose that is as good of a reason as anything else, but I would stick to email notification personally, but if multiple people are checking the general voicemail, that is about the only way to visually see if there is still voicemails pending.

6. rizzz

I try zoiper and it works well.

Thanks

7. rizzz

Zoiper does not solve my problem.

Cause i want to distinguish if the outbound call arrives in the 100 or in the 101 extensions.

8. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I dont think anything, softphone or hardphone is going to help you there since you will just have a generic message waiting indicator light on any given device. Nothing is going to show you which extension has voicemail or not.

9. comresource

comresource Member

It looks like the paid for version of Ninja Pro may do it. If you click on the flashing mailbox then on the MWI tab it should tell you which sip account has messages in the inbox. At least that is what the screen shots appear to say.

10. rizzz

Hi,

I just want to use the softphone for receiving call not for receiving voice mail.

To resume, i'm searching for a softphone that can support multi SIP account, and i want the softphone inform me on what extension the call is coming. I don't see this option on zoiper.

I test the free version of ninja but it wouldn't register my SIP account.

11. comresource

comresource Member

If you are testing in a local LAN make sure you click the Advanced tab and select Behind NAT/Private IP check box

12. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Ok, so the goal is to know what extension a call is coming in on, there is a better way to handle this. Instead of sending the calls to extensions, send the calls to ring groups, in the Settings -> General -> Global Options, set the checkbox to append ring group name to caller id. Then when the call comes in you will know where the call was supposed to go. I use this feature all the time for customers and even in my house so I know what the inbound call is for.

13. rizzz

It's not a good idea cause the incoming calls are external but not internal. And i can't have a list of all caller id.

I have 2 pstn lines, one line on ext. 100 and the another line on ext.101

14. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

No, its a good idea, have line one go to one ring group and line 2 go to another ring group. Lets say line 1 goes to ring group Sales and line 2 goes to Ring Group Support, on my phone it will say Sales or Support. As long as you can route from the specific line, this method will work perfectly.

15. rizzz

Ok, thanks.

I understand what you mean. But i don't really understand all the settings that i'm supposed to do.

16. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Set up two ring groups and use names that make sense to you for identification purposes
    Set each line to ring to its specific ring group
    Add your main extension to each ring group
    Go to Settings / General / Global Options and check the box next to "append ring group / queue name to caller id"

That's pretty much it. If you actually need someone to configure your system for you, let me know.

17. abundisnet

I have tested the Express Talk with two sip accounts and works well, it appear to support six different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.