• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

2 quick questions - Digital Receptionist/Call out

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt.poisson

Reaction score
New to 3CX, just set it up with a Panasonic KX-UT670 IP phone.

Working good except

1. Can you turn the auto attendant off? In some cases we want people to call in and ring on say Line 1 and not have the auto attendant pickup? Can this be set so we can bypass auto attendant if we would like?

2. I have 2 SPA 3102 units for 2 lines on the system. I set them up according to the guide on 3CX. Incoming works fine, it rings the phone and I can talk etc, but every time I pickup the phone, dial a number it gives me dial tone but as soon as I enter the phone number I get a busy tone and I can never dial out. Is this in the 3CX settings or on the dial plan on the ATA itself?

3. When I was setting up the SPA 3102 I had the option to generate a config file? .gwcfg What do I do with this? I thought I could upload the settings in my ATA for ease of setup but there was nowhere to do so, whats the purpose of this file?

That config file is to upload to your gateway. I have never used that specific device but there should be a place to upload the configuration.

Did you create an outbound rule pointing to your spa? You need to create rules for outbound dialing. Your ATA by default most likely will accept any digits in its dial plan.

As far as the auto attendant goes you configure where calls go when someone dials in. On your voip/pstn gateway configuration choose where you want the call to go...either to an extension, ring group, digital receptionist (auto attendant) or whatever.

matt.poisson said:
2. I have 2 SPA 3102 units for 2 lines on the system. I set them up according to the guide on 3CX. Incoming works fine, it rings the phone and I can talk etc, but every time I pickup the phone, dial a number it gives me dial tone but as soon as I enter the phone number I get a busy tone and I can never dial out. Is this in the 3CX settings or on the dial plan on the ATA itself?

The 3CX log will show how far the call progresses before the failure. If your outbounds rules, in 3CX, are set-up correctly, the call will be passed onto the 3102. If that is happening, then it may be a setting, in the 3102 that has been missed. Might be the one stage/two stage option. If the set, you are calling from, has a built-in dialplan (some do), it may require some modification to allow the calls to proceed to the PBX.

The 3CX logs can help you narrow down where to begin troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.