2 SIP Provides and Call Transfering Ability

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Riz, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Riz

Riz

Hi guys, Came accross this IP PBX system while seraching to an easy and cost effective solution to a problem. Not sure if this 3CX would serve my requirements. Need help?
    I have service from VOIP providers one with US number n second an international provider. All I want is to use US number to take incomming and outgoing calls in US and Canada and the second number dedicated for incoming n outgoing calls to Taiwan. Here is whats tricky, I want to use my cell phone is US to make n receive calls from both of my SIP lines. To make calls to taiwan, I want to call on my US number and be asked to connect to some internal extension number or use second VOIP line to call out taiwan at a taiwan local number. Vice versa, if ppl calling me from taiwan are received with greeting to connect to an extension to forward the call to my cell using the second VOIP number.
    In short, seems like I would have to set up a PBX system that registers to two different VOIP services n have few internal extensions. And should an ability to setup up call plan to route calls from one VOIP provider to the ohter.

Any suggestions.???

2. dyntech

dyntech New Member

The only way to do that is if you are calling the same number in Taiwan all the time. You could setup extensions that will forward to an external number and outbound rules to use the proper VSP.

But you can not call into the system from your cell phone and dial a random number and be connected to Taiwan. It would have to be a pre-set number for each extension that you setup.

3. Ryandc

Yeah, it's easy to do.
    To receive calls from Taiwan on your cell phone: Set up an extension that all calls from the Taiwan SIP provider go to. Unconditional call forward that extension to go out the other VOIP provider to your cellular. Or set up all calls to go to a digital receptionist, where people can have hte choice to ring your desk phone, your cell phone, leave a message, or whatever. We do something similar for our salespeople.

To make calls TO Taiwan: You're just going to have to use unregistered extensions like a virtual directory. Basically, set up a whole bunch of extensions that won't be registered. Have each one unconditional call forward to a number you dial in Taiwan, using your Taiwan SIP provider. So if you have 5 numbers you call in Taiwan frequently, then you'll have to set up 5 virtual extensions.

--Ryan

4. Riz

Riz

First, thankx for your replies... so I assume from your replies that this 3CX IP PBX does support multiple VOIP provider for incoming n outgoing calls.
    I usually do call some specific number in Taiwan n setting up multiple extensions for those number would work. I will go ahead and install the system today and try to set it up.. n would come back with results....
    Thanks U guys..

5. Riz

Riz

Hey guys... installed the PBX and managed to setup both of my VOIP accounts sucessfully. Although, I totally failed to register my softphone for any extension. Tried for extension number 1000.
    Dont thing there is much to it... the proxy is supposed to be the IP address of the PBX machine n port is standard 5060. Not sure what am I missing. Do i need to changed port setting in router but that should not matter as one of the external SIPs are already register to port 5060 sucessfully.
    Please advise. Could be Vista settings?
    Thanks

6. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Which softphone are you using? Is the firewall either configured or disabled on the computer with the softphone?

7. Riz

Riz

Hi there, I used X-lite soft phone as well as Zyxel 2000W hard phone both failed to register. However, reading from one of the posts here, I disabled "Vista Firewall" on the pbx machine n both soft and hard phone did register.
    Now my concern is that I dont want to completely shut off the firewall please adivse when exceptions I would need to set for registrations not be blocked. Adding port 5060 in firewall exception list didnt work. Wanted to add the entire application as expection but server seems to be running as a hidden process. Apache HTTP server is already in the firewall exception list.. Please advise..
    Thanks

8. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Try to give access to the executable files inside the Phonesystem/bin folder. Those are the files that the server runs.

Cheers

9. Riz

Riz

hey guys... need more help... turned out I could not make calls to taiwan voip account but can recive them.
    The only thing different that I have from providers settings is the codec. Provider suggests to use G729 but I could not that option to setup G729 in 3CX setting. I guess that would fix this problem...

Thanks

10. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

If G729 is the only codec you provider offers I am afraid you are SOL for now. 3CX is considering adding it in the future but it is not supported in the present version. If your provider offers G711, select it as preferred.

11. Riz

Riz

too bad does not support G729. Had come pretty close to find a solution n got bursted. Seems like the search goes on to achieve what ive been trying to do for months....

Thanks ya all... good luck