Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

2 vitelity SIP trunks on 1 3cx

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mmancini, Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmancini

I want 2 companies to share 1 3cx server but if I add the 2nd SIP trunk, it gets unhappy with getting or sending calls. any advice?

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I'm assuming that you mean 'SIP Trunk account' - rather than SIP Trunk channel?
    Usually a SIP Trunk account can be configured to support multiple channels, so if you need more call capacity, you ask your SIP Trunk provider to allow more simultaneous call capacity in the group [open up more channels].

If you have added a second SIP Trunk group, then you need to create outbound rules for extensions to use the trunk group. You might do this by assigning one trunk group to one set of extensions (i.e. Company A), and the other to the remainder of the extensions (Company B), or if you are using them as a pool for everybody, then you might just have one trunk group as the primary route, and the second as an alternative if the first is in use.

You have hit us with a fairly broad question, so have a look at this to see if it helps:

http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/outbound-rules/

In regard to incoming calls, you need to assign the two trunk groups to two different incoming call groups i.e. each company has its own call group - or at least to two different extensions (one in each company). Note however, that call groups are not supported if you don't license the 3CX v.11 system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Can you provide more information? What specifcally doesn't work or play nice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.