2003 server including POSTGRES /Apache-PHP/ IIS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by etm_ltd, Jul 15, 2007.

1. etm_ltd

Hi,
    One of our customer has a Win 2003 server where exchange 2003 is installed, but he also have PHP-Apache and IIS6 on the same machine.
    they are using IIS for OWA,
    Apache-PHP, as a web test platform before to send to Internet servers.

To add some fun, they are using a postgres database for their accounting software (Tinyerp).

Is there a notice to setup 3CX with systems which are still including the above settings?

If so, does a next release of 3CX will be able to check system before to setup and according its settings with the system?

Lionel

2. nickybrg

nickybrg Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Lionel,

Well actually the whole setup you mentionned is not a problem for the 3CX Phonesystem - the reason being that the 3CX IP PBX already uses these services you mentionned - Apache, Postgres user, PHP etc.

You can have more that 1 postgres user on the same machine.

Quote"Is there a notice to setup 3CX with systems which are still including the above settings? " -

Answer - no there is no notice - it works normally. You can try installing and of course if you have any difficulties, post them here.

3. etm_ltd

Hi Nickybrg,

yes I know that all these services are used and installed by a fresh setup of 3CX.
    But I 'm looking for a customer which still have these softwares saervices activated into its system.

Instead of install twice (and if I remember, the 3CX postgres and Apache are lite version), do we have an opportunity to setup directly or manually, using the postgres database manager the database for 3Cx and the Apache server which is mixed to start with IIS.

if too complicate, what will be the risk to have 2 postgres server and 2 apache server on the same computer (2003 server Standard)

Regards
    Lionel

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

It is not too complicate...
    Just try it to start...
    Do you have problems?

5. dyntech

dyntech New Member

I ran 3CX in a very similiar situation when I first installed it . The only difference was that I did not already have postgre installed.

Everything worked fine. No problems.

6. gbarnes

Did it work? My problem with php

How did you get on?

My only problem was installing with php already on system.

I had an env var called PHP_DIR or something, that pointed to the PHP installation directory. This caused it not to install/work correctly.

I deleted the var and set up the PHP in apache, and all worked well from then on.

Graeme

7. elistas

There arent any problem we use plesk control panel with apache -tomcat- mysql .... and no any problem.
    All is working togeteher in windows 2003 ISS and c ontrol panel plesk
    :shock: