• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

24hr time on Yealink Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonezee

Reaction score
We'd like to be able to have our Yealink phones default to 12hr time instead of military time. The model we are using is the SIP-T28P. Any ideas on how to make this change for all of the phones we have? I'm guessing we might have to do a custom template.

Yes, you need to either make a custom template with the change or edit the system template every time it is updated. Here are my notes on the two changes I commonly make:

Yealink Autoprovisioning Template changes

TimeFormat 0 or 1
It defines the value of Time Format.
0 stands for 12 Hour format.
1 stands for 24 Hour format.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
LCD_Logo 0,1or 2
It defines the value of Use Logo, meaning
whether to enable Logo on LCD.
It only affects T12/T22/T26.
0 stands for Disabled.
1 stands for Enabled.
2 stands for Custom logo.
The default is 0.

Excellent! Thanks for the info

You can also login to the web gui and make the change from 24 hour time to 12 hour.

"You can also login to the web gui and make the change from 24 hour time to 12 hour."

Can you explain how to do this? In the 3CX phone manager, in "Timezone & Office Hours Settings", there is no 12/24 hour option.
If I am supposed to edit a template for my Yealink T-42S and T46S phones, please explain how to do that. I noticed I cannot edit the built-in templates but I can create a new one. If I create a new one and find the place to change from 24 to 12 hour, do I then go into every phone and change the template? Seems a little backwards, and more weird there isn't just a global switch for this simple setting. On this page (https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/change-from-24-hr-time.15694/) it states the option will be available in the next major release. That was in 2010, so if I am now just hearing about 3CX, I'm assuming there's been a major release by now but I don't know for certain. Thanks.

Wow. Looks like I have to reprovision all of my phones just so it displays 12 hour format, and MM-DD-YY date format. Had the whole phone system working and I feel like I am starting all over almost.

"Map to an already provisioned IP Phone" - https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/#h.m34qy6sz5kgd

"Depending on the changes you have made in your custom template, it may be required to first Factory Reset the IP Phone, then provision it directly with the custom template."

:|

Thanks for your help.

More wows. So, turned out all I had to do was edit two lines in the built-in/existing template that a) Windows Explorer couldn't find "yealinkT4x.ph.xml" while searching the entire C drive, even with hidden files showing and b) this link!!!!!!!!!! https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/phone-provisioning-templates/ says "This content is for 3CX V14. For newer versions, take a look at this guide: https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/" -- which says NOTHING about editing built-in templates and sends the user down a broken loop of trying to get a custom template to apply to an already-provisioned phone.

So, 7 hours later it turns out all I had to do was open Notepad in Administrator, open C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones\yealinkT4x.ph.xml, and:

1. edit "local_time.time_format" to be 0 (zero) instead of 1
  2. edit "local_time.date_format" to be 4 instead of 0 (zero)
  3. reboot 3CX server and reboot all phones
I don't know how this extremely simple how-to does not exist yet, but for those wondering, that is how you do it (this year, this month, anyway)

Now, to go into the web GUI for every phone individually (again) and turn off the 3CX screensaver that distracts the user because something is changing in their peripheral view every 10 seconds.

Last edited:
"You can also login to the web gui and make the change from 24 hour time to 12 hour."

Can you explain how to do this? In the 3CX phone manager, in "Timezone & Office Hours Settings", there is no 12/24 hour option.
If I am supposed to edit a template for my Yealink T-42S and T46S phones, please explain how to do that. I noticed I cannot edit the built-in templates but I can create a new one. If I create a new one and find the place to change from 24 to 12 hour, do I then go into every phone and change the template? Seems a little backwards, and more weird there isn't just a global switch for this simple setting. On this page (https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/change-from-24-hr-time.15694/) it states the option will be available in the next major release. That was in 2010, so if I am now just hearing about 3CX, I'm assuming there's been a major release by now but I don't know for certain. Thanks.
You need to modify line Line 1638 in the T4x template. Suggest you make a copy of the template and call it
yealinkT4x_Time_12_format.ph.xml so you can differentiate the templates. Keep in mind if you modify the template 3CX will not support the phone.

You need to modify line Line 1638 in the T4x template. Suggest you make a copy of the template and call it
yealinkT4x_Time_12_format.ph.xml so you can differentiate the templates. Keep in mind if you modify the template 3CX will not support the phone.

Forgot to mention change the line 1638 value from 1 to 0

A little confused. 3CX won't support the phone if the built-in templates get edited? Or, if ANY template is modified period? So just by changing the template so my phones are on 12 hour format instead of 24 hour format voids the warranty/support? If there's a better way to do it please share as I am still wondering what the official way of changing the time format from 24 to 12 is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.